Senior Mechanical Engineer – Rear Suspensions
Volvo’s Chassis Engineering department in Greensboro, North Carolina has an exciting senior engineering position opening. We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our team to support heavy-duty truck rear suspensions.
Would you like to be part of a strong engineering team that is engaged in the development of future transportation solutions that includes electrification and automation? Would you like to work in an enthusiastic and challenging atmosphere surrounded by highly skilled co-workers? Does the chance to develop new and advanced solutions for Mack and Volvo trucks excite you? Then this position may be the right one for you! We are seeking a senior-level engineer that is a team player and enjoys working in a cross-functional environment to develop engineering solutions for heavy-duty trucks.
The Chassis Engineering department is a highly skilled team responsible for the chassis development for the North American Mack and Volvo truck brands in the Volvo Group. We develop chassis components and systems for conventional diesel powered vehicles, electro-mobility powered vehicles, and will be evolving towards providing autonomous vehicle solutions. This position will report to the Group Manager for Steering, Axles and Suspension (SAS) in the Chassis Engineering department. The SAS group is responsible for steering functions, non-driven axles and vehicle suspension solutions. The SAS team works in close cooperation with many different functional areas.
Responsibilities and main tasks
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer for the rear suspensions, you will support the development and maintenance of (proprietary and vendor) rear suspension systems, with the support and oversight of an experienced Lead Engineer.
Examples of typical activities and responsibilities
- Supporting the development, analysis, verification and documentation of rear suspensions while achieving targets for performance/ features, quality, and cost
- Interacting with other technical departments and suppliers, locally and globally
- Supporting the investigation and correction of field quality problems
- Supporting the investigation and correction of manufacturing/ assembly problems
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- At least 4 years of product development experience in the automotive industry
- Have, or willingness to obtain a Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) [classes are offered by Volvo]
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Heavy-duty vehicle suspension systems experience
- Familiar with CAE (Computer Aided Engineering) tools for FEA (structural) and/or multi-body vehicle dynamic simulation
- Familiar with PTC Creo tools
- Strong time management skills
- Proactive work style
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Leadership competencies
- Customer focus
- Decision quality
- Values differences
- Action oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Chcemy Cię poznać
Po złożeniu podania otrzymasz wiadomość e-mail z potwierdzeniem. Później będziesz mieć możliwość zaktualizowania swojego profilu osobistego.
Jeśli zakwalifikujemy Cię do rozmowy, skontaktujemy się z Tobą, podając informacje na temat następujących etapów procesu: druga rozmowa, ocena i referencje.
Wszyscy kandydaci zostaną powiadomieni, gdy na stanowisko zostanie wybrany ostateczny kandydat. Możesz zaznaczyć, że Twoje dane mają pozostać w naszej bazie danych i uaktywnić wyszukiwanie innych stanowisk zgodnych z Twoim profilem.
Gdy rozpocznie się okres Twojego zatrudnienia, zostanie Ci zapewnione wprowadzenie, dzięki któremu szybko staniesz się członkiem zespołu i zaczniesz pracę w najlepszy możliwy sposób.