You are responsible for providing data analytics and predictive modeling within the Powertrain Application Engineering organization. As a part of a global network, you are contributing to the development of the global analytics platform, including setting business requirements on new developments such as new data integration, or implementing new analytics functionality.
The data analyst provides operational support (problem solving to a wide array of projects, pilots and ad-hoc requests). Furthermore the data analyst supports the strategic roadmap for both analytics methods and the future tools & platform.
You will be a senior data analyst at the Hagerstown, MD location and will be expected to pro-actively propose specific pilot proposals, and improvement proposals, towards the team both locally and across the global organization.
Your creative thinking and problem-solving skills will contribute to solving some complex challenges in the areas of data mining and optimization. You will be actively finding new ways to decrease costs and increase Uptime for our customers.
- As a senior data analyst you will be able to take full responsibility for all steps of an analytics assignment, from data & business value exploration, data structuring, modeling, problem solving and consulting & recommendation. You will be able to deliver all steps independently, but also work closely in projects together with colleagues in Europe and Brazil.
- You will develop & implement methodologies to assist project leaders in making forecasts & predictions, e.g. on quality or uptime performance of systems, components and vehicle models.
- You will contribute with technical insight to the strategy & roadmap for the analytics area.
- Contribute to process & organizational development in all processes where our analytics tools are used.
- Analytical and statistical skills: Recognizing patterns in data, information, or events, drawing logical conclusions, and making recommendations on the most suitable models and statistical approaches.
- Creativity & Innovation: Reframing traditional patterns of thinking and applying new and evolving ideas, methods, designs and technologies. You are able to identify new opportunities and convince peers, managers and cross-functional internal stakeholders to test out the new approach.
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on.
- Holistic & broad information technology experience: understanding systems architecture, data life cycle management, data processing & engineering, and programming concepts.
- Proficiency in personal computers and network applications and aptitude to learn new program features and application software.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent minimum required.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent is preferred.
Experience, Skills, and Training Details
- 4 years’ experience with data analytics tools & platforms such as SAS, IBM SPSS, R Studio, Stata, Tableau, or equivalent tool.
- 2 years’ experience with programming for data analysis using SQL, Python, R, MATLAB, or equivalent language.
- Experience with open source tools is preferred.
- Experience with the Hadoop ecosystem and HDFS is a plus.
- Multinational company experience is a plus.
- We believe you have a sharp analytic & logical mindset and a great problem solver.
- You have the ability to effectively translate business problems into technical challenges and articulate solutions, and communicate effectively both with engineering colleagues as well as senior management.
- You are an adept team player, with good listening skills and empathy.
- We believe you excel at learning on the fly, that you are action oriented with a drive to move projects forward and set your daily priorities on your own, but still able to perform well and deliver results in distributed teams, with frequent contacts & problem solving together with colleagues in Sweden, France & Brazil.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Chcemy Cię poznać
Po złożeniu podania otrzymasz wiadomość e-mail z potwierdzeniem. Później będziesz mieć możliwość zaktualizowania swojego profilu osobistego.
Jeśli zakwalifikujemy Cię do rozmowy, skontaktujemy się z Tobą, podając informacje na temat następujących etapów procesu: druga rozmowa, ocena i referencje.
Wszyscy kandydaci zostaną powiadomieni, gdy na stanowisko zostanie wybrany ostateczny kandydat. Możesz zaznaczyć, że Twoje dane mają pozostać w naszej bazie danych i uaktywnić wyszukiwanie innych stanowisk zgodnych z Twoim profilem.
Gdy rozpocznie się okres Twojego zatrudnienia, zostanie Ci zapewnione wprowadzenie, dzięki któremu szybko staniesz się członkiem zespołu i zaczniesz pracę w najlepszy możliwy sposób.