Mechanical Design Engineer, Cab Interior Living
Are you one of those people who always admired Micky Mouse’s caravan - advanced, technical solutions combining functionality and smart design? What if this was, or is, developed by a highly skilled, dedicated team where the ambition always is to exceed expectations; would that appeal to you? If so, why not apply for a job at the Cab Interior Living Product Development group!
The Cab Interior Living Group’s responsibility is to design and develop systems and components with the aim to enhance functions and comfort used while living in the cab; storage systems, trim parts, bunks, interior mats, interior lights, refrigerators, surface materials, etc.
We are looking for a Design Engineer with experience and knowledge from development of interior components/systems used in the Truck business. As a holder of this position you will be a member of a team which task would be to propose technical solutions and secure the fulfillment of requirements within your team’s responsibility areas. This team will also work closely with other stake holders in several cross functional teams, both locally and globally.
Within the Living group we have an open atmosphere where we support each other on new ideas and also in the sharing of work load - meaning; you are expected also to support and contribute to the development of other systems/components outside your own responsibility area.
Qualifications and background
- University degree in Engineering or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities
- Experience of product development, designing components and systems within the Truck business
- Skilled Catia V5 designer, with a minimum of 5 years of experience
- Skilled in PDM Link
- Documented skills in KOLA is a merit
- Familiar with the Volvo GTT product development process is a merit
- You like to take on technical challenges
- You understand how to plan and follow-up on your actions, taking full responsibility for the tasks assign to you
- You have an open attitude and enjoy meeting new people/colleagues – networking skills is essential for this position
- You have no problem to communicate, read and write in English – preferably also in Swedish
- You are a team player - willing to share your experiences from your field of expertize, contributing to the continuous development of your team and team colleagues on a professional as well as on a personal plan!
Lennart Berntsson - Group Manager, Cab Interior Living. Phone; +46 31 3229404
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. Together we move the world we want to live in and help our customers keep their promises.
Chcemy Cię poznać
Po złożeniu podania otrzymasz wiadomość e-mail z potwierdzeniem. Później będziesz mieć możliwość zaktualizowania swojego profilu osobistego.
Jeśli zakwalifikujemy Cię do rozmowy, skontaktujemy się z Tobą, podając informacje na temat następujących etapów procesu: druga rozmowa, ocena i referencje.
Wszyscy kandydaci zostaną powiadomieni, gdy na stanowisko zostanie wybrany ostateczny kandydat. Możesz zaznaczyć, że Twoje dane mają pozostać w naszej bazie danych i uaktywnić wyszukiwanie innych stanowisk zgodnych z Twoim profilem.
Gdy rozpocznie się okres Twojego zatrudnienia, zostanie Ci zapewnione wprowadzenie, dzięki któremu szybko staniesz się członkiem zespołu i zaczniesz pracę w najlepszy możliwy sposób.