Senior System Design Engineer
Join Powertrain Engineering as a leader in the exciting journey to develop the future Volvo group Powertrains.
This is us, your new colleagues at Powertrain Engineering (PE)
We are proud product owners for components, systems as well as complete powertrains. We are accountable for the lifecycle management of our products, from advanced engineering, through product development into the maintenance phase. Advanced conventional combustion Engines still represents a majority of our Product base, however the share of e-mobility solutions is steadily increasing.
The initiated change program “Next Gear” within Powertrain Engineering aims at closing the gaps in well-known technologies as well as mastering new technologies. Enabling Simplicity and Growing Empowerment are the identified leadership keys to meet the performance expectations.
Responsibilities / Main tasks
E&E team within Powertrain Engineering BLR is responsible for delivering Powertrain Electronic components and systems for the Truck brands within the Volvo Group Trucks Technology.
System Engineering provides a strong technical leadership for Powertrain Architecture, Requirements Management, Communication with Vehicle and diagnostics strategies. These strategies are then detailed in system specifications which are supporting our platform objectives.
The Senior System Design Engineer, within Electrical & Electronics team develops the Powertrain System right from the concept stage. This role is to ensure that necessary system activities are defined and performed within each assignment to secure the delivery and maintainability of a consistent and fully functional EE system.
The Lead System Engineer covers the project from Quotation phase till Maintenance.
- Leading the system activities for Startcost and Maintenance PMRs
- Good network within Global PE organization will be an asset
- Good network with PE team in VECV will be an asset
- Responsible for QDCF
- Taking part in the development activities within an area of expertise.
- Ensuring that system development is performed according to defined system development processes and methods.
- Plan and monitor all system activities and deliverables in each assignment from the global system organization.
- To identify necessary system activities and deliverables
- To do resource estimations for identified activities and to communicate these to PME / assignment leader after anchoring with line managers within the global system organization
- Prioritization of what activities and deliverables are to be performed in which order and when in time
- Regularly follow-up progress, problems, and open issues within the assignment and ensure that these are handled and communicated
- To escalate issues that need support/assistance from the line or project management
- Risk management of system activities within each assignment. This responsibility includes;
- The use of appropriate quality tools jointly with quality section representative (risks analysis, FMEA, dependability analysis, etc…)
- To continuously work with identifying risks within the scope of the assignment
- To analyze identified risks and ensure that necessary actions are taken to minimize the probability of risks to occur and/or reduce the consequence of them
- To clearly and proactively communicate risks to stakeholders
- Ensure timely and proper communication within the system team (if applicable) and with stakeholders.
- Securing the interface with Agile release trains
- Secure that pre-study/concept reports and project technical reports are written, reviewed and released.
- Drive the specification and its refinement in the system team
- Drive the distribution of technical requirements to the other parts of the organization.
- Secure that the documents are reviewed and released according to defined routines.
- Check if a new EE system baseline is required to be released as a result of the system development within the assignment.
- Escalate activities that are not being developed according to approved methods or is too risky and will jeopardize the QDCF of the assignment
Education, Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- BE/BTech/ME/Mtech in Electrical/Electronics and communication engineering
- Experience:5-6 years
- Automotive engineering knowledge along with strong Electrical\\Electronics engineering knowledge.
- Expert knowledge in Systems engineering
- Truck Application Knowledge.
- Knowledge of SAFe/ Agile way of working. Leading SAFe certified would be added advantage
- Knowledge in Functional development
- Knowledge in platform management
- Knowledge within relevant processes and tools
- Technical Learning
- Action Oriented
- Learning on the fly
- Good communication skills
- Good documentation skills
- Leadership skills and should be able to drive others.
- Priority setting
- Experience in cross-functional management
- Strong demonstrated self- managed to learn
Reports to Group Manager Electrical & Electronics in Bangalore
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Chcemy Cię poznać
Po złożeniu podania otrzymasz wiadomość e-mail z potwierdzeniem. Później będziesz mieć możliwość zaktualizowania swojego profilu osobistego.
Jeśli zakwalifikujemy Cię do rozmowy, skontaktujemy się z Tobą, podając informacje na temat następujących etapów procesu: druga rozmowa, ocena i referencje.
Wszyscy kandydaci zostaną powiadomieni, gdy na stanowisko zostanie wybrany ostateczny kandydat. Możesz zaznaczyć, że Twoje dane mają pozostać w naszej bazie danych i uaktywnić wyszukiwanie innych stanowisk zgodnych z Twoim profilem.
Gdy rozpocznie się okres Twojego zatrudnienia, zostanie Ci zapewnione wprowadzenie, dzięki któremu szybko staniesz się członkiem zespołu i zaczniesz pracę w najlepszy możliwy sposób.