Senior Configuration Engineer
The Vehicle Connectivity group’s role within the GTT Vehicle Engineering is to secure the Telematics solutions are deployed on all truck brands in a quality assured way. This group will play a vital role for the GTT to effectively utilize the potential of Telematics linked solutions like Uptime Services, Fleet Management, Vehicle Tracking, Navigation etc.,.
The Vehicle Connectivity team in Bangalore is an integral part of Global Vehicle Connectivity organization which shall secure connected vehicles supporting the increasing demand for soft products. Connectivity is a key enabler for fleet management, uptime services and advanced vehicle services such as driver assistance, truck specific navigation and fuel reduction, targeting reduced costs as well as increased revenues. Vehicle Connectivity develops software for Telematics systems for several Volvo companies.
We are looking for a Configuration engineer who can take responsibility on Develop and Manage the Configuration Management process and ensure traceability of changes in Software products are taken care. The Vehicle Connectivity Software Product consists of several configurations of the Telematics Software aimed for different E2E-products (this is called a Product Line). To achieve this, focus on holistic and long term development of the product line is one of the most important tasks. This is particularly important for a product line that will supply various products.You would make significant contribution to Global Telematics Software platform, joining a team of highly skilled and well organized product development team with colleagues in Sweden, USA, France, India and Japan.
The position holder will report to Group Manager, System, Function and Verification, Vehicle Connectivity.THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
- Continuously develop and manage the CM process
- Act as an specialist in Configuration Management
- Supervise and support of CM tools such as Clearcase, Phoenix, DevTrack
- Good understanding of GIT,JIRA ,Jenkins and Confluence
- Participate in the CM network within the Volvo Group
- Create and maintain a file and directory structure in order to provide efficient storing and accessing of the configuration items required
- Establish and create a branch management strategy for parallel development within a global environment
- Plan, coordinate and execute the CM activities in the projects
- Identify configuration items that need to be independently identified, version controlled, stored, reviewed, tested, delivered and maintained
- Establish and supervise Configuration Control Boards
- Establish and supervise status accounting procedures to track and report changes
- Create Document Plans
- Create Baselines
- Create Release Notes
- Set up the Clearcase environment i.e. vobs, config spec.
- In cooperation with Project Manager decide about merges/rebases in Clearcase
- follow-up of the builds and unit tests: analyse possible root causes for broken builds and report (Jira) to:
- Build Environment manager (script/server/network/tool issues),
- For code (software and unit test) related issues, the responsible XF team should be notified (scrum master and inform responsible backlog owner).
WHO ARE YOU?
- BE/BTech/ME/Mtech in Electrical/Electronics and communication/Instrumentation engineering with 4-6 years of experience in Configuration Management/SW Build process/SW Release tasks.
- Over-all knowledge of Configuration management, SW build process and Release process or similar domain along with strong Electrical\\Electronics engineering knowledge
- Good automotive domain knowledge around Microcontrollers, CAN Protocol, Serial Communication, etc.,
- Good knowledge of System development
- Good communication skill (written and verbal) in English.
- Experience of working with Configuration Management and SW Builds and Release process.
ARE WE THE PERFECT MATCH?
- Genuine interest in Telematics for Automotive domain
- Software experience in an Agile environment
- Someone who enjoys working in a Global Organisation with cross functional interaction
CURIOUS, AND HAVE SOME QUESTIONS? CALL US!
Gopinath K, Group Manager, System, Function and Verification, Vehicle Connectivity, +91 80 30233359
Sonia Almeida Soares, HR Business Partner
We want your application before 2019-11-15
Location: Bangalore, India
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Chcemy Cię poznać
Po złożeniu podania otrzymasz wiadomość e-mail z potwierdzeniem. Później będziesz mieć możliwość zaktualizowania swojego profilu osobistego.
Jeśli zakwalifikujemy Cię do rozmowy, skontaktujemy się z Tobą, podając informacje na temat następujących etapów procesu: druga rozmowa, ocena i referencje.
Wszyscy kandydaci zostaną powiadomieni, gdy na stanowisko zostanie wybrany ostateczny kandydat. Możesz zaznaczyć, że Twoje dane mają pozostać w naszej bazie danych i uaktywnić wyszukiwanie innych stanowisk zgodnych z Twoim profilem.
Gdy rozpocznie się okres Twojego zatrudnienia, zostanie Ci zapewnione wprowadzenie, dzięki któremu szybko staniesz się członkiem zespołu i zaczniesz pracę w najlepszy możliwy sposób.