Manufacturing process/ Supplier Quality Engineer
- The Manufacturing process/Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer (SQE) performs quality assurance activities of purchased items within projects and product maintenance with the objective to receive parts according to the agreed specification
- Responsible for the industrialization of products from sourcing phase through PPAP approval of components
- Responsible for process audits and process development for Gears, transmission components, castings, forging & machined components
- Work in accordance with GTP (Group Trucks Purchasing) Processes, Quality systems, the Volvo Way and the GTP values and behaviors
- Manages quality data in Volvo IT systems
- Manages portfolio of suppliers as assigned by Supplier Quality Group Manager. Responsible for the quality of parts shipped by that supplier to any Volvo location
- Achieve the purchasing objectives for portfolio in accordance with Purchasing Strategic Objectives and with the customer’s needs
- The SQE is responsible for those suppliers performing APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) for selected purchased part
- The SQE manages the APQP Tracking Process according to Volvo Purchasing procedure
- The SQE performs activities with the purpose to quality assure purchased items within projects and product maintenance in order to minimize supplier related quality failures at Volvo plant or end-customers
- Contribute in assuring quality objectives are known to suppliers
- Inform and educate the suppliers in the Volvo Supplier Quality expectations
- Review and identify suppliers’ manufacturing risks and improvement potentials. Assure actions are taken to close identified gaps
- Perform Process Audits at suppliers and drive supplier to close the gaps
- Responsible to keep all part quality information accurate and updated in the Volvo Global Purchasing System.
- Review APQP and PPAP deliverables during regularly scheduled project meetings
- Review critical characteristics, documentation, requirements and procedures at supplier location
- Provide timely disposition of PPAP documentation submitted by Volvo suppliers
- Initiate and follow up preventive quality action programs when needed and follow up on corrective actions
- Assist and contribute during design reviews and manufacturing feasibility reviews with suppliers.
- Contribute to resolving packaging instruction issues and resolve engineering documentation questions or concerns
- Contribute in solving supplier related warranty, Quality Journal, Quality Action Group issues when needed
- Generate and track product or process related deviations in order to support production until full approval and compliance can be obtained
- Review and assist in quality rejections that occur in the manufacturing environment as a result of supplier deficiencies
- Preferred Bachelors in Engineering and >2-3 years of experience with mfg process for casting, forging or transmission components or > 5 years of technical experience in APQP/PPAP/mfg processes related to transmission components needed (extensive experience and strong performance can substitute for lack of diploma)
- Hands on experience with casting, forging and machining operations.
- Experience with application of GD&T in mfg of components, development of fixtures. Good understanding of datum schemes, bonus tolerances, inspection schemes
- Strong problem-solving abilities and critical-thinking skills
- Strong continuous improvement and zero defect mentality
- Good English communication skills, both orally and in writing, plus local language
- Good general technical knowledge
- Knowledge of automotive quality standards and tools such as ISO/IATF 16949
- Strong networking abilities
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Preventive mindset but also leadership when it comes to solve problems or to take decision
- Ability to create networks and to lead cross functional activities within multi-cultural teams
- Excellent communication, diplomacy and strong project management skills
- Ability to work independently
Frequent – Approximately 50% travel.
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta. We aim at being the most admired employer in the industry by attracting and engaging the best people.
Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing has 125 BSEK in purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. We deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers through scouting and working with high performing supply chain partners.
We support Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ through sustainability, business ethics and innovation. When you join Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,400 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. Joining us means working in a global context with people from diverse backgrounds and different nationalities while contributing to the core business and results of Volvo Group.
Diversity is important for us, we therefore put a lot of time and effort into creating an open and inclusive environment for all. We are extremely proud to say that we are almost as many females as men in our team. We are goal oriented and business focused people who believe that the best results are achieved while having fun and when we challenge each other. We offer unique opportunities where you can accelerate your career through competence development and connect with people who are truly passionate for purchasing. Join us and work where the action is!
We Participate in E-verify
Chcemy Cię poznać
Po złożeniu podania otrzymasz wiadomość e-mail z potwierdzeniem. Później będziesz mieć możliwość zaktualizowania swojego profilu osobistego.
Jeśli zakwalifikujemy Cię do rozmowy, skontaktujemy się z Tobą, podając informacje na temat następujących etapów procesu: druga rozmowa, ocena i referencje.
Wszyscy kandydaci zostaną powiadomieni, gdy na stanowisko zostanie wybrany ostateczny kandydat. Możesz zaznaczyć, że Twoje dane mają pozostać w naszej bazie danych i uaktywnić wyszukiwanie innych stanowisk zgodnych z Twoim profilem.
Gdy rozpocznie się okres Twojego zatrudnienia, zostanie Ci zapewnione wprowadzenie, dzięki któremu szybko staniesz się członkiem zespołu i zaczniesz pracę w najlepszy możliwy sposób.