Senior Commodity Buyer - Brakes and Brake Systems
Are you a person that loves to do business? Are you at the same time a creative, solution-oriented person with strong communication skills that has a true passion to work with other people in a global context? If yes, then we believe this is the opportunity for you! We believe we can offer you a dynamic, interesting and challenging job where you will be able to grow and develop your skills in these and many more areas. If this captured your interest, why not contact us or apply to get to know more about this opportunity!
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
We are a team of passionate and driven colleagues located in Greensboro, NC.
We see opportunities, we are flexible and we support each other and are open for dialogue and exchange.
You will work in an exciting and global environment and you will join a team with a positive atmosphere who enjoys working together. We look forward to welcome you and have you on board in our team.
As a Senior Commodity buyer you will be accountable for the Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management (QDCFTSR) of suppliers in your segments. You will be responsible to make sure that the segment strategy is implemented through the selection of the right suppliers, and by continuously securing supplier QDCFTSR performance by using the tools and purchasing/cross functional network during and after production.
- Contribute to segment business plan & be an active member in the global network of commodity buyers
- Drive negotiation in order to find extra cost savings (on top of price agreements) by using your owns skills and Purchasing tool box
- Use Volvo Production System (VPS) toolbox to drive efficiency across the supply chain
- Execute agreements with suppliers during production and after production for Revenue segments
- Drive all relevant activities to deliver on QDCFTSR targets during production phase and after production phase for Revenue Parts
- Monitor, identify and mitigate risks in cooperation with SQ&D team
- Forecast cost evolution for scope of responsibility
- Manage and negotiate product/processes changes during production phase, and after production phase for Revenue segments
- Perform daily purchasing activities related to production orders, logistics and financial flows to the suppliers
- Coach Buyers when relevant
- University degree (Bachelor or Master), preferably in engineering or business
- 5+ years Purchasing experience, preferably in automotive (Not mandatory)
- Motivated by change management and ability to drive change
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Multicultural experience is an asset
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Creative and solution oriented mindset
- Positive mindset and team player
- Structured way of working
- Business Acumen
- Negotiation skills
- Learning on the fly
- Self-driven and autonomous
- Strategic thinking
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with counterparts
- Proven ability to establish targets and drive results
- Analytical skills
- Willingness to go out on the field
- Willingness to learn from others and share best practices
- Ability to communicate with facts, to sell concepts and get desired support
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Strong computer skills and good knowledge level of using the office package
As a person we believe that you have a business oriented mindset with both a financial and technical understanding. You enjoy the challenge of having contact with experienced and skilled suppliers and you also possess strong communication and networking skills. In addition to this you enjoy driving your own work and taking initiatives, with a team player attitude.
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta. We aim at being the most admired employer in the industry by attracting and engaging the best people.
Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing has 125 BSEK in purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. We deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers through scouting and working with high performing supply chain partners.
We support Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ through sustainability, business ethics and innovation. When you join Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,400 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. Joining us means working in a global context with people from diverse backgrounds and different nationalities while contributing to the core business and results of Volvo Group.
Diversity is important for us, we therefore put a lot of time and effort into creating an open and inclusive environment for all. We are extremely proud to say that we are almost as many females as men in our team. We are goal oriented and business focused people who believe that the best results are achieved while having fun and when we challenge each other. We offer unique opportunities where you can accelerate your career through competence development and connect with people who are truly passionate for purchasing. Join us and work where the action is!
We Participate in E-verify
Chcemy Cię poznać
Po złożeniu podania otrzymasz wiadomość e-mail z potwierdzeniem. Później będziesz mieć możliwość zaktualizowania swojego profilu osobistego.
Jeśli zakwalifikujemy Cię do rozmowy, skontaktujemy się z Tobą, podając informacje na temat następujących etapów procesu: druga rozmowa, ocena i referencje.
Wszyscy kandydaci zostaną powiadomieni, gdy na stanowisko zostanie wybrany ostateczny kandydat. Możesz zaznaczyć, że Twoje dane mają pozostać w naszej bazie danych i uaktywnić wyszukiwanie innych stanowisk zgodnych z Twoim profilem.
Gdy rozpocznie się okres Twojego zatrudnienia, zostanie Ci zapewnione wprowadzenie, dzięki któremu szybko staniesz się członkiem zespołu i zaczniesz pracę w najlepszy możliwy sposób.