Vehicle-Powertrain Function Lead
Vehicle-Powertrain Function Leader
The Volvo Group Trucks Technology Complete Powertrain Engineering 13L Product Team is looking for a self-driven individual with high work ethic and integrity to join their team as an Engineering Vehicle Function Leader.
The team consists of product leaders, project leaders, and project managers who support the 13L products within North America. The team mission and vision are:
- Collaborate with the Chief Engineer, Technology teams, Range & Product Planning to develop long term strategic roadmaps and projects to meet those plans.
- Support Project Managers to execute and deliver projects for product evolution
- Own the full product dataset and ensure that it meets all requirements
- Monitor product field performance (e.g. Reliability, FE, Compliance, Field Performance) and interface with brands and end customers to integrate experience into product lines.
- Support Aftermarket Technology current and legacy product long term business objectives, including Remanufacturing and end-of-life initiatives.
Responsibilities for this engineering position:
- Overseeing vehicle functions not covered by engine test cell performance but which are critical for vehicle operation. These include but are not limited to:
- Noise control
- Fan and cooling systems
- Cruise control
- Road speed limiting
- Torque limiting
- Fuel economy and performance operations
- Driver to engine/transmission interfaces
- Power take-off and specialized functions
- Accelerator pedal operation
- Engine protection
- Being a mediator between engine performance as measured in a test cell, and engine and vehicle operation in the real world
- Communicating and evaluating customer requirements and complaints
- Identifying issues that could interfere with the driver or truck operation
- Identifying potential OBD conflicts in real-world operation
- Learning and understanding the software design of vehicle functions and the communication interfaces between control systems
- Assisting in the review of new product requests, evaluating the requests in lieu of current software and communication designs, and providing feedback regarding those new product requests
- Interfacing with other departments and personnel, including Control Systems, Verification, Driveline, Certification, Systems Engineering, Project Managers, and Requirements Engineers
The job requires both desk and “hands-on” truck work.
Competencies of this successful candidate include:
- Leadership capability while exercising flexibility to build cooperation among individuals and departments.
- Take ownership, responsibility, and accountability with a strong focus on the customer and/ or stakeholder expectations while being an advocate for quality.
- Good planning and organizational skill set with ability to clearly communicate at various levels within the organization or stakeholder group.
- Possess a high level of technical/ functional expertise with the ability to apply creative and innovative solutions that align with product strategic planning.
- Self-starting individual who takes the initiative in the absence of specific instructions or requirements to solve problems with organized methodology and makes decisions.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering preferred
- Master of Science in Engineering is a plus
- Minimum four years of related experience
- Strong background in engine and transmission/axle development and problem resolution.
- Familiarity with HDEP Engines
- A Commercial Driver’s License with air brake endorsement is a plus.
- Good working knowledge of the Volvo on-line tools
- Proficiency with Microsoft WORD and EXCEL required.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Chcemy Cię poznać
Po złożeniu podania otrzymasz wiadomość e-mail z potwierdzeniem. Później będziesz mieć możliwość zaktualizowania swojego profilu osobistego.
Jeśli zakwalifikujemy Cię do rozmowy, skontaktujemy się z Tobą, podając informacje na temat następujących etapów procesu: druga rozmowa, ocena i referencje.
Wszyscy kandydaci zostaną powiadomieni, gdy na stanowisko zostanie wybrany ostateczny kandydat. Możesz zaznaczyć, że Twoje dane mają pozostać w naszej bazie danych i uaktywnić wyszukiwanie innych stanowisk zgodnych z Twoim profilem.
Gdy rozpocznie się okres Twojego zatrudnienia, zostanie Ci zapewnione wprowadzenie, dzięki któremu szybko staniesz się członkiem zespołu i zaczniesz pracę w najlepszy możliwy sposób.