Volvo Group IT Graduate Program – PLM Solution Architect
Imagine yourself working with the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society.
Imagine yourself working with IT in a company that really believes that people are its driving force, fostering a culture of energy, passion and respect for the individual.
Imagine yourself working for the Volvo Group, a global leader in sustainable transport solutions. A place where your voice is heard and your ideas matter. Together we move the world.
So what do we do at Volvo Group IT? For us, AI & Machine Learning, IoT, Cloud, Mobility, UX, cyber security, advanced analytics and other IT areas are top priority bringing Volvo Group into the future. Will you join us?
During 12 intense and exciting months, starting September 2020 you will be given a unique opportunity to gain a holistic view of the Volvo Group and the IT community. It will be kick-start to your career through different assignments or parts of the organization, networking, and professional and personal development. Upon completion of the program, you will continue to work in the position you were recruited in, either in the same delivery or in another assignment. You will have a permanent position from day one, with a manager and mentor to support you. You will work on real projects, side by side with colleagues across the globe. In parallel, you and your fellow graduate program participants will take part in common learning modules designed to help you grow your network, develop as a person and prepare you for your future career in the Volvo Group.
Our team mission is to deliver and manage the complete PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) Solution, the whole IT stack below and including applications, for our customer and partner, Volvo Construction Equipment (e.g. Wheelloaders, Articulated Haulers, Excavators etc.). It covers anything from Systems Engineering, different design domain specific solutions (e.g. CAD) to Product Data and Configuration Management. Our solutions are involved in the whole product lifecycle.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
We have an energetic and experienced team consisting of surgically chosen key individuals. We work as a dynamic holistic team, where every member of the team brings their key essence to the emerging capabilities of the whole. We perform professionally, share our experiences and success, and enjoy all the challenges the future will bring to us. We prefer to do, fail and learn, over not doing at all.
The core of the department is located in Eskilstuna, but we work cross-functionally in a global organization, where we have stakeholders in several Asian, European and North-American countries.
Our customer is in middle of a big change in their business processes and IT solutions. Therefore we are a growing and flexibly adjusting team where every team member will have an influence on how our future will look like.
YOUR MAIN ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Initially you will:
- Develop and maintain Solution architecture documentation / models,
- Suggest alternative solutions and point out deficiencies in quality requirements,
- Assist in securing right technical competencies in the delivery team resources,
- Contribute to initial feasibility assessment of business requirements,
- Contribute in Solution architecture, configuration and consistency management
- overall application architecture consistency
- configuration and customization consistency
- provide IT functionality required by the related business processes
To be successful in this role you will possess the following qualifications and skills:
- A BSc or MSc in Engineering science, Computer science, Business Administration or equivalent
- A passion for IT
- Maximum two years previous working experience prior to, or after graduation
- Solid English skills
- Valid work permit for the country to which you apply
- Natural interest to understand the bigger picture
Candidates should possess the following critical competencies and characteristics:
- Communicative team player with the ambition to develop both yourself and the business
- Curious, willing to learn, and have a continuous improvement mindset
- Seeks to understand customer needs and delivers results for success.
- Collaborates easily and creates excellent results through teamwork
- Transparent and has respect for the individual
- Values diversity and its effect on strengthening the team
- Admits mistakes and learns from them
- Desire to achieve the best results through innovative solutions
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Attitude for self-development and a holistic view
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation
We want to get to know you!
Union representatives for Swedish applicants:
Akademikerna – Karl Erbs, +46 16 5415345
Unionen – Tonny Vikström , +46 16 5414601
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Chcemy Cię poznać
Po złożeniu podania otrzymasz wiadomość e-mail z potwierdzeniem. Później będziesz mieć możliwość zaktualizowania swojego profilu osobistego.
Jeśli zakwalifikujemy Cię do rozmowy, skontaktujemy się z Tobą, podając informacje na temat następujących etapów procesu: druga rozmowa, ocena i referencje.
Wszyscy kandydaci zostaną powiadomieni, gdy na stanowisko zostanie wybrany ostateczny kandydat. Możesz zaznaczyć, że Twoje dane mają pozostać w naszej bazie danych i uaktywnić wyszukiwanie innych stanowisk zgodnych z Twoim profilem.
Gdy rozpocznie się okres Twojego zatrudnienia, zostanie Ci zapewnione wprowadzenie, dzięki któremu szybko staniesz się członkiem zespołu i zaczniesz pracę w najlepszy możliwy sposób.