Lead Engineer (Powertrain Engineering)
Group Trucks Technology is seeking a Lead Engineer to work in our Powertrain Response Engineering (PRE) team in Hagerstown, MD. The Lead Engineer will work within a small team, in some assignments act as technical team leader, to improve customer satisfaction by increasing the capacity to resolve technical challenging issues. He or she should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering. As a valued member of the PRE team within GTT, the Lead Engineer will have the opportunity to work cross functionally and directly with all the engineering teams.
We are looking for an exceptionally technical, creative and team oriented Lead Engineer to drive the technical work to implement innovative solutions. This is a role for a powertrain Development technologist who is passionate about solving complex challenges who can generate new ideas into tangible improvements in Powertrain technologies. If you are someone who relishes shaping new concepts, then this is the job for you. The Lead Engineer is expected to possess the know-how to identify and develop solutions from concept selection to production and to lead a cross functional team in doing so. The Lead Engineer will be responsible to provide concept & prototype verification and validation from both functionality and user experience perspectives, prior to production implementation. This individual is expected to dynamically play a key role in providing technical direction to solve difficult and complex product design solutions. The role requires an agile, networked way of working as well as an open mindset and passion to add value to our product. This position will report to the Group Manager of Engineering for the Powertrain Response Engineering Team.
Responsibilities of the Lead Engineer include:
- Lead technical teams to develop new solution to complex problems
- Create, prepare and present technical/design reviews
- Utilize Troubleshooting ability and root cause analysis skills to solve very complex and difficult technical product issues
- Ability to clearly summarize and communicate complex cross system issues
- Knowledge and ability to apply a system level solution across the entire powertrain (Engine/Transmission/Axle/ECU/Sensors) including the interface with the vehicle components and systems
- Strong internal network and ability to conclude a consensus within a technical team (global and local) and to other business areas (Q&CS, purchasing, etc.)
- Develop and create a severe “killer” test that correlates to real world failures
- Knowledge of how the powertrain is utilized by customers
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate well with others
- Provide status and progress reports to management
- Report generation and data analysis
- Hands on Cell, truck, bench/lab testing, etc.
- Innovative mindset with customer focus
- Attention to detail
- Broad Network
- Ability to utilize Root Cause analysis and FMEA methods to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Team work
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar engineering degree from an accredited school required
- Minimum 7 years of related engineering experience
- Powertrain calibration and performance experience is a bonus
- Valid US Work authorization
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Chcemy Cię poznać
Po złożeniu podania otrzymasz wiadomość e-mail z potwierdzeniem. Później będziesz mieć możliwość zaktualizowania swojego profilu osobistego.
Jeśli zakwalifikujemy Cię do rozmowy, skontaktujemy się z Tobą, podając informacje na temat następujących etapów procesu: druga rozmowa, ocena i referencje.
Wszyscy kandydaci zostaną powiadomieni, gdy na stanowisko zostanie wybrany ostateczny kandydat. Możesz zaznaczyć, że Twoje dane mają pozostać w naszej bazie danych i uaktywnić wyszukiwanie innych stanowisk zgodnych z Twoim profilem.
Gdy rozpocznie się okres Twojego zatrudnienia, zostanie Ci zapewnione wprowadzenie, dzięki któremu szybko staniesz się członkiem zespołu i zaczniesz pracę w najlepszy możliwy sposób.