Field Based Resident Service Technician (South San Jose/Gilroy Area)
This is a Field Based Resident Service Technician position located in San Jose California (Gilroy Area). This position is responsible for the mechanical repairs and services on a full line of heavy equipment products. You will perform highly technical maintenance, diagnoses and troubleshooting on full line of Volvo Construction Equipment machinery and/or related equipment including equipment components such as engines, transmissions, hydraulic systems, computer, electrical and structural repairs including welding.
- Comprehensive understanding and ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics
- Ability to timely complete and submit work orders and warranty claims with detailed description as directed
- Provide professional customer service to customers about their equipment problems and or options to fix those problems
- Responsible for the confirmation of the equipment function after repair
- Ability to provide telephone support to the customer in order to perform troubleshooting, as needed
- Must have flexibility to work overtime and occasionally stay overnight to complete assigned task, as needed
- Must have all tools necessary to perform the required work and must maintain and secure them at all times
- High School diploma or GED
- Proficient in diagnosing, testing and repairing heavy equipment
- 5+ years experience working on construction related equipment
- Computer proficiency
- Possesses a valid California Driver’s License and a good driving record
- Frequent travel
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing and frequent stooping, bending, crouching and overhead reaching; with occasional climbing of stairs and steps or step-ladder
- Requires occasional lifting, pulling, caring, or pushing objects or materials, over 50lbs; and may frequently lifting, pulling, caring, or pushing objects or materials, up to 30lbs
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.
We Participate in E-verify
Chcemy Cię poznać
Po złożeniu podania otrzymasz wiadomość e-mail z potwierdzeniem. Później będziesz mieć możliwość zaktualizowania swojego profilu osobistego.
Jeśli zakwalifikujemy Cię do rozmowy, skontaktujemy się z Tobą, podając informacje na temat następujących etapów procesu: druga rozmowa, ocena i referencje.
Wszyscy kandydaci zostaną powiadomieni, gdy na stanowisko zostanie wybrany ostateczny kandydat. Możesz zaznaczyć, że Twoje dane mają pozostać w naszej bazie danych i uaktywnić wyszukiwanie innych stanowisk zgodnych z Twoim profilem.
Gdy rozpocznie się okres Twojego zatrudnienia, zostanie Ci zapewnione wprowadzenie, dzięki któremu szybko staniesz się członkiem zespołu i zaczniesz pracę w najlepszy możliwy sposób.