- Your main responsibility will be to calculate part prices and tooling investments, both in new truck projects and as a support to today’s truck business. You will perform cost target setting and cost breakdowns of new and existing parts based on drawings or physical parts
- You will start early in the advanced engineering / concept selection phase, working intimately with engineering and design. You will follow the products thru the development phases and then actively support the targets you have set in the sourcing process
- Another part of Cost Engineering work is to support the change management process, calculating impact in tooling and product cost
- In this work it’s important to cooperate with many different parts of our organization such as buyers, engineers, project leaders, module managers and of course your colleagues within the Controlling & Strategy department
- Specialist knowledge in at least one of the fields: Automotive fabrics, Acoustics components, Thermoplastics, Thermosets and/or Elastomers. Knowledge in other fields such as Tool manufacturing, Automation, assembly lines etc.. are considered to be a merit
- Engineer / Experienced technician / Manufacturing engineer / maintenance with a background of lean experience in the automotive industry or in the supply chain
- Knowledge in CAD and finance is an advantage
- Fluent in English
- High interpersonal skills
- Ability to drive projects independently
- Analytic mindset
- Team player with great communication skills
- Cultural awareness
General about Cost Engineering
In you daily work you will be an active partner with Product Development supporting with Design to Cost – giving industrial engineering support giving advice on efficient designs for manufacturability and also on material selection that fulfils the design criteria’s.
You will be an active partner in negotiations together with purchasing both in the initial sourcing and in the change management process.
You will be required to be able to take in-depth technical discussions with supplier in their production lines or lay-outs about cost drivers and investments.
In the change management you should be able to understand the impact on dies / tools and be able to transfer this into cost
You will be required to frequently visit suppliers / technical exhibitions, this in order to be aware of current production methods and materials, but also future technologies that will be used when our trucks goes into production.
As a person you are easy to cooperate with and are willing to contribute to the team. You are also able to take your own initiatives and can work independently. It’s important that you are analytic and structured. We also believe that you are interested in both the commercial and technical aspects of our products and projects and that you are comfortable with negotiations.
Since we are a global company almost all our communication is in English and it’s therefore necessary that you are fluent in writing and speaking English.
Looking forward to your application!]
For questions, please contact hiring manager
Did you know? For many years, as a “disability friendly” company, Renault Trucks SAS has been committed to including people with disabilities in our professional environment.
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support.
With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Chcemy Cię poznać
Po złożeniu podania otrzymasz wiadomość e-mail z potwierdzeniem. Później będziesz mieć możliwość zaktualizowania swojego profilu osobistego.
Jeśli zakwalifikujemy Cię do rozmowy, skontaktujemy się z Tobą, podając informacje na temat następujących etapów procesu: druga rozmowa, ocena i referencje.
Wszyscy kandydaci zostaną powiadomieni, gdy na stanowisko zostanie wybrany ostateczny kandydat. Możesz zaznaczyć, że Twoje dane mają pozostać w naszej bazie danych i uaktywnić wyszukiwanie innych stanowisk zgodnych z Twoim profilem.
Gdy rozpocznie się okres Twojego zatrudnienia, zostanie Ci zapewnione wprowadzenie, dzięki któremu szybko staniesz się członkiem zespołu i zaczniesz pracę w najlepszy możliwy sposób.