Apprentice - HGV Technician
Volvo Truck and Bus
Unit 7, Cherwell Valley Silos, Twyford, Banbury OX17 3AS
Apprentice Heavy Vehicle Technician Volvo Truck & Bus (South) Ltd
Brief overview of the role
Be trained to a high level of morale and focus to ensure the highest possible levels of efficiency, quality of workmanship and production finish in order to sustain growth in customer confidence in the service provided by the Dealer point.
18th February 2019
- Working week
- 8:30am-4:30pm Monday-Friday
- Total hours per week: 40.00
Expected apprenticeship duration - 36 months
Possible start date - August onwards 2019
Apprenticeship level - Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Learn how to and use Volvo special tools safely and efficiently.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) when must be worn.
- Assist with cleaning the workshop.
- Comply with warranty procedures during repairs and with warranty material on completion of repair.
- Ensure that the company’s time recording procedures are complied with.
- Ensure job cards are completed accurately.
- Ensure all vehicle defects are reported to workshop Supervisor.
- Attend college courses regularly and achieve the standards required by the course.
- Attend any technical or development training that is made available.
- Work with the team to ensure a strong top team ethos.
- Support the development of character, skills, attitude and superior individual and team performance.
- Ensure that you conduct yourself in a business like and professional manner.
- Ensure that the workshop facilities, equipment and tools are kept clean, tidy and maintained, reflecting the Volvo image of an efficient and modern retail Dealer point.
Requirements and prospects
- To be able to effectively communicate at all levels both written and verbally.
- To be able to develop or work in developing new or enhancing existing processes.
- To be able to adapt and take on new skills and approaches.
- To be at all times a team player.
- To be at all times have a flexible approach to work commitments.
- To be at all times open and honest.
- To be at all times supportive of colleagues both in company and Distributor Organisation
GCSE A*-C or equivalent is required for this position.
Progression to higher qualifications and potential full time position.
Things to consider
None specified. This message will not appear on the vacancy when it goes live
About the employer
Volvo Truck & Bus (South) Ltd
Employer is not registered as Disability Confident
Volvo pride themselves on product innovation and excellence. Their standards are high and their service must be second to none. A successful business demands a skilled workforce to improve its bottom line. A skilled workforce demands training and knowledge. It's that simple. They provide a commitment to their customers that they will always receive second to none service levels, to do this they must ensure that their people are trained to the highest possible standards. That is why they created the Technician Apprentice Programme - widely considered to be the best throughout the truck and bus industry. At Volvo, their secret to providing consistently high levels of service is their people . 'Customers expect reliability, Volvo delivers it'. If you want a career with a leading truck and bus manufacturer, then you have come to the right place. They provide all our apprentices with the skills needed to become a qualified technician with a secure career. A Volvo trained apprentice will become a top class asset to their business for years to come.
Training to be provided
Block Release at Stephenson College includes:
- Apprenticeship Standard Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician - Bus, Coach and HGV.
- Functional Skills.
Contact for more information
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Chcemy Cię poznać
Po złożeniu podania otrzymasz wiadomość e-mail z potwierdzeniem. Później będziesz mieć możliwość zaktualizowania swojego profilu osobistego.
Jeśli zakwalifikujemy Cię do rozmowy, skontaktujemy się z Tobą, podając informacje na temat następujących etapów procesu: druga rozmowa, ocena i referencje.
Wszyscy kandydaci zostaną powiadomieni, gdy na stanowisko zostanie wybrany ostateczny kandydat. Możesz zaznaczyć, że Twoje dane mają pozostać w naszej bazie danych i uaktywnić wyszukiwanie innych stanowisk zgodnych z Twoim profilem.
Gdy rozpocznie się okres Twojego zatrudnienia, zostanie Ci zapewnione wprowadzenie, dzięki któremu szybko staniesz się członkiem zespołu i zaczniesz pracę w najlepszy możliwy sposób.