Co-op: Engineer- Cab Living & Interior (Fall 2019)
Cab Engineering North America has the responsibility for delivering new truck products through our management of Cab Projects, Cab Architecture solutions and Cab Features for both the Mack Truck and Volvo Truck brands in North America. We develop new and advanced cab solutions for our future trucks while continually adapting our current products to new and different market and customer demands. Working in an international environment is an exciting challenge, which is placing more and higher demands on our employees.
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Cab Engineering North America as Engineer – Cab Living. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering. As a valued member of the Cab Engineering team within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with engineers. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to Manager Cab Living, in Greensboro, NC.
- Supports a team of product responsible engineers and designers within the Cab Interior Living environment.
- Work alongside engineers responsible for various complex Cab Living (Interior) components or systems; responsibilities include contributions to concept development, supporting detailed engineering design, solving problems on current products, prepare engineering documentation and facilitating the administration of deliveries for the Interior Living team. The Interior Living team is responsible for cabinets, wall trim, headliners, floor mats and other interior trim related components.
- You will be empowered to manage the quality, timeliness and accuracy of your deliveries, embracing accountability and ownership within your area of assigned responsibility.
- You will learn cross functional team work skills working with counterparts in other departments – stakeholders include Purchasing, Product Design, Aftermarket/Parts/Service, Manufacturing and Quality; you will participate in these teams of stakeholders as the team ensures that all stakeholder’s needs and requirements are balanced and satisfied.
- You will be exposed to applicable regulatory demands for components and systems and will be part of ensuring our products meet those demands.
- You will have the opportunity to learn about and understand complex injection molded interior components and soft trim systems and the processes that make them.
- You will participate in knowledge sharing efforts across the broader Cab organization, locally and globally, amongst permanent staff and student peers.
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree electrical engineering at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op.
- Co-op positions require the student to be enrolled in an off-campus course in which they receive course credit or academic transcript notation from the university/college for their co-op period.
- Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
- Valid US Work authorization.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Chcemy Cię poznać
Po złożeniu podania otrzymasz wiadomość e-mail z potwierdzeniem. Później będziesz mieć możliwość zaktualizowania swojego profilu osobistego.
Jeśli zakwalifikujemy Cię do rozmowy, skontaktujemy się z Tobą, podając informacje na temat następujących etapów procesu: druga rozmowa, ocena i referencje.
Wszyscy kandydaci zostaną powiadomieni, gdy na stanowisko zostanie wybrany ostateczny kandydat. Możesz zaznaczyć, że Twoje dane mają pozostać w naszej bazie danych i uaktywnić wyszukiwanie innych stanowisk zgodnych z Twoim profilem.
Gdy rozpocznie się okres Twojego zatrudnienia, zostanie Ci zapewnione wprowadzenie, dzięki któremu szybko staniesz się członkiem zespołu i zaczniesz pracę w najlepszy możliwy sposób.