Senior Engineer - System Architect
Then this position is the right one for you.
Cab Engineering North America has the responsibility for delivering Cab Projects, Cab Architecture solutions and Cab Features for the Mack Truck and Volvo Truck brands. We develop new and advanced cab solutions for our future trucks while continually adapting our current products to new and different market and customer demands. Working in an international environment is an exciting challenge which is placing more and higher demands on our employees.
ENGINEER - GEOMETRICAL ASSURANCE - CAB FEATURES AND TECHNOLOGY - SUPPORTS DELIVERIES RELATED TO TOLERANCING OF VEHICLE COMPONENTS AND SYSTEMS IN A SYSTEM LEVEL DEVELOPMENT PROCESS
- Sets geometrical tolerance requirements on vehicle geometries and relationships, together with Product Design and Quality Impression owners, to ensure quality impression and manufacturing feasibility are engineered into the vehicle solutions
- Determines the needs for tolerance calculations and carries out the tolerance calculations that concern components or modules in area of responsibility to ensure the relationships are controlled in the basic geometrical engineering
- Reconciles the initial gap & flush requirements, the calculated requirements and the actual vehicle build conditions
- Initiates the creation of Assembly Requirement Drawings (ARD) and ensure the final version in coordination and acceptance with manufacturing stakeholders
- Initiates the creation of Interface Systems Drawings (IS) and ensure the final version
- Defines datum targets and the size of tolerances in consultation with design engineers and manufacturing
- Creates the part measuring strategy, the data points needed and support the creation of the inspection fixtures (GD&T scheme)
- Leads the geometry assurance work within a specific area. Follow up the results from the master builds, manufacturing and manufacturer in accordance to the Dimension Control Plan (DCP), analyze fault reasons and give feed-back to responsible engineers, quality engineers and manufacturing
- Supports the design departments from a Geometry Assurance perspective
- Carries out measuring preparations, decide measurement methods and measurement tools based on the end requirements in consultation with manufacturing. Create instructions for final demand measurements
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering required. MS degree preferred
- 4+ years of experience in product development with focus on tolerancing principles – preferred experience in the automotive or truck industries
- Manufacturing process experience is appreciated
- Experience with model management in typical PDM based CAD system
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Integrity and Trust: Is widely trusted. Is seen as a direct and truthful individual. Admits mistakes
- Perseverance, action oriented and drive for results: Is strongly self-motivated and can be counted on to exceed goals. Steadfastly pushes self and others for results
- Communication, peer relationships & persuasiveness: Is a clear communicator and is skilled at building working relationships. Is skilled at persuading others as individuals or groups in order to arrive at agreed decisions and appropriate compromises when required or justified
- Self development: is a self-learner – takes initiative to develop needed skills and knowledge to support role and responsibilities
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Chcemy Cię poznać
Po złożeniu podania otrzymasz wiadomość e-mail z potwierdzeniem. Później będziesz mieć możliwość zaktualizowania swojego profilu osobistego.
Jeśli zakwalifikujemy Cię do rozmowy, skontaktujemy się z Tobą, podając informacje na temat następujących etapów procesu: druga rozmowa, ocena i referencje.
Wszyscy kandydaci zostaną powiadomieni, gdy na stanowisko zostanie wybrany ostateczny kandydat. Możesz zaznaczyć, że Twoje dane mają pozostać w naszej bazie danych i uaktywnić wyszukiwanie innych stanowisk zgodnych z Twoim profilem.
Gdy rozpocznie się okres Twojego zatrudnienia, zostanie Ci zapewnione wprowadzenie, dzięki któremu szybko staniesz się członkiem zespołu i zaczniesz pracę w najlepszy możliwy sposób.