Department Manager - Engineering Machining Technologies
The production plant in Köping is the transmission center within the Volvo Group Truck Operations, Powertrain Production. Our site is the “Center of Excellence” within the area of transmission solutions and today we are 1650 employees. We are now looking for our future department manager for Machining Technologies. We are after an outstanding leader, who is eager to develop and that really wants to win the world championships together with our team.
Background, responsibilities and qualifications
As a department manager for Engineering Machining Technologies, you will report directly to our Director of Industrial Engineering and be a member of the Industrial Engineering Leadership Team. This role is a leadership position with approximately 10 direct reporting Production Engineers. The department has a strong strategic focus connected to the development and implementation of Engineering Machining methods, processes and technologies. We target you that have the inner drive to take on such a job with enthusiasm and engagement. We are seeking for a true star to grow.
- Emerging technologies within production machining technologies
- Manufacturing Master Process
- Manufacturing Technologies Roadmap and Advanced Engineering engagements
- Verification technologies
- Big data management
- Engineering analytics & IT (Tools)
- Engineering knowledge management
- Engineering competence management
- Pillar engagement Focused Improvement
- Relation to relevant internal and external partners
Within this role, you take the:
- Responsibility and accountability for your whole organization’s performance
- Responsibility for leading the organization towards continuous improvements over time
- Responsibility in engaging strongly for people development and making others reach their goals
- Responsibility in contributing fully to the cross-functional work that you participate in
As a suitable candidate, you should be inspired and motivated of what is described above. You will be the front-runner for your department and it is important that you can find alignment with top-level objectives. As a person, you need clear customer focus and business understanding. An ability of strategic thinking, as well as, a strong sense of urgency and high responsiveness is essential. Other qualities that we value are a structured way of working and a quality mindset, good communication and presentation skills, an analytical capacity and faced based approach.
Following qualifications are at your favor:
- An engineering machining technologies background, with a relevant M.Sc. degree
- Experience from suitable leadership positions
- Knowledge of production processes for creating proactivity, stability and increasing efficiency
- Industrialization of new industrial equipment for secure life cycle management
- Ways of working for securing technical installed industrial capacity
- Excellent communication skills in both Swedish and English, spoken and written.
For more information please contact recruiting unit manager Per Hård af Segerstad, Director of Industrial Engineering +46 16 5418688 or Emelie Skälhammar, HR Business Partner +46221 414505. Selection of candidates will occur during the recruitment time, so do not wait with your application. We hope you feel strongly motivated for this job, we look forward to receive your application as soon as possible but no later than 19:th of May. Welcome aboard!
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Chcemy Cię poznać
Po złożeniu podania otrzymasz wiadomość e-mail z potwierdzeniem. Później będziesz mieć możliwość zaktualizowania swojego profilu osobistego.
Jeśli zakwalifikujemy Cię do rozmowy, skontaktujemy się z Tobą, podając informacje na temat następujących etapów procesu: druga rozmowa, ocena i referencje.
Wszyscy kandydaci zostaną powiadomieni, gdy na stanowisko zostanie wybrany ostateczny kandydat. Możesz zaznaczyć, że Twoje dane mają pozostać w naszej bazie danych i uaktywnić wyszukiwanie innych stanowisk zgodnych z Twoim profilem.
Gdy rozpocznie się okres Twojego zatrudnienia, zostanie Ci zapewnione wprowadzenie, dzięki któremu szybko staniesz się członkiem zespołu i zaczniesz pracę w najlepszy możliwy sposób.