Volvo Group Real Estate is responsible for identifying and delivering all Real Estate solutions for the Volvo Group. We enable the Volvo Group to be the most desired and successful transport solution provider in the world.
Volvo Group Real Estate provides quality buildings and facility management services that support Volvo Group’s identity, safety and environmental care within a cost-efficient framework. This is crucial in order to allow the Volvo Group to manufacture products and deliver services required by our end customers.
- Plans and implements the layouts of plant, office, and production facilities in order to provide the maximum utilization of facilities and efficiency of production.
- Develops specifications and prepares simple estimates of design costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation, and other related costs.
- Forms criteria and performance specifications for facilities and equipment necessary to meet unique operating requirements and building and safety codes.
- Works on tasks that require analysis of identifiable factors and application of judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Responsible for overseeing maintenance and repair work.
- Assists in ensuring the safety of occupants and building users.
- Coordinates multi- disciplinary activities such as contractual engineering services, develops facility design layouts, equipment selection and procurement, and construction management
- Oversee project activities to ensure compliance with scope of work and budget
- Develop the plan, scope, cost estimate and schedule for projects relating to buildings, roads, grounds and production equipment which will include developing engineering drawings and schematics.
- Assists with development and preparation of Project Appropriations Requests (PAR) which includes justification, implementation, follow-up and control.
- Develop cost schedule and track expenditures through the duration of the project. Reconcile costs with Accounting until project close-out
- Coordinates project with operations management to minimize conflicts and insure that project does not interfere with daily operational requirements.
- Develop facility/equipment specifications based on engineering requirements and applicable International Building Code, OSHA code and VTNA standards.
- Performs structural analysis on building and equipment components to determine loadings and safe load limits.
- Assists Facility Engineering with emergency evacuation plans, plant emergency lighting and fire suppression systems.
- Assist Facility Engineering with security related equipment such as fencing, cameras, turnstiles, and plant electronic access system.
- Assists Facility Engineering with inspections required by federal, state, local and insurance regulations.
- Ability to make drawings and sketches.
- Administers road paving maintenance repair program with respect to asphalt, concrete, major overlays, repair patching and paving.
- Develop qualified contractors base to perform sub-contracted work.
- Provides input on the annual capital and expense budgets and five (5) year plan.
- Assist management with planning and execution of projects acting as an internal consultant to all other departments.
- Prepare factual and accurate technical reports.
- Directs accurate and concise facility information to appropriate management personnel.
- Reviews projects to insure the most effective method for implementation of the project. Continuously reviews facility operations to determine the most cost effective and efficient means for existing processes and alerts management of the potential improvements
- Support activities for energy savings projects.
- Research new technology for potential energy savings.
- Develop pilot projects for possible large-scale implementation to gain energy savings.
- When applicable, pursues available grants and tax incentives for energy projects.
- Ability to prepare appropriate paperwork for grant and tax submission
- Support activities for selection, installation, operation, maintenance modification, and modernization of all plant utilities including electric power, gas, water, fuel & waste removal systems
- Safeguard plant documents and drawing and properly annotate modifications to plant drawings.
- Any other duties as assigned
- Proven ability to develop project scope of work, project schedule and budget
- Demonstrated experience with AutoCAD computer aided drafting
- Knowledge and understanding and knowledge of facility, equipment and drawings/schematics
- Proven ability to locate and research required project relevant data
- Comprehensive understanding of good engineering practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office Works (Word, Excel, Access, Project), Microsoft Project and estimating software
- Proven experience with local and state building codes and regulations and interpreting plans,
- A strong knowledge and experience of construction regulations and safe work practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a dynamic environment
- Strong organizational, time management, attention to detail and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment; offer constructive feedback and direction to support objectives
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Effective verbal, written communication skills and relationship building skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and initiative in dealing with daily assumptions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in engineering or a role relevant to the core responsibilities
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization.
- Ability to work in a team environment, manage multiple clients, and provide consultative skills throughout the process.
- Ideal candidate will be highly motivated with a strong sense of urgency.
Volvo Group Finance contributes to realizing the vision of the Volvo Group by developing and providing a wide range of expert services from financial planning to accounting, business controlling, M&As, real estate services, financial reporting and investor relations. With Volvo Group Finance you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Chcemy Cię poznać
Po złożeniu podania otrzymasz wiadomość e-mail z potwierdzeniem. Później będziesz mieć możliwość zaktualizowania swojego profilu osobistego.
Jeśli zakwalifikujemy Cię do rozmowy, skontaktujemy się z Tobą, podając informacje na temat następujących etapów procesu: druga rozmowa, ocena i referencje.
Wszyscy kandydaci zostaną powiadomieni, gdy na stanowisko zostanie wybrany ostateczny kandydat. Możesz zaznaczyć, że Twoje dane mają pozostać w naszej bazie danych i uaktywnić wyszukiwanie innych stanowisk zgodnych z Twoim profilem.
Gdy rozpocznie się okres Twojego zatrudnienia, zostanie Ci zapewnione wprowadzenie, dzięki któremu szybko staniesz się członkiem zespołu i zaczniesz pracę w najlepszy możliwy sposób.