Lead Engineer - Mechanical Special Vehicle Development
Our challenges include satisfying the needs of our customers while meeting quality requirements, time to market, features, and cost targets at complete vehicle level. We are using specific global Special Vehicles processes, organization, and governance to secure short time to market and reduced development cost.
We achieve this by:
- Focusing actions and projects to fill customers’ demands
- Providing solutions to complex tenders and support unique brand offer
- Installing alternative driveline and fuel economy solutions
This outlines the responsibilities, authorities and competence requirements for a Mechanical Engineer within Special Vehicle Development a function of Vehicle Engineering.
- Lead and consolidate the entire technical proposal related to the product to be developed including risk management, engineering budget, product development, technical commitment, etc.
- Work in close connection to Group Truck Operations both while preparing the technical solution and during the project execution
- Responds to technical reports and provide corrective solutions and recommendations resulting from validation activities
- Performs design, coordinate testing/validation and/or technical leadership of development projects within area of assignment: with an emphasis placed on accuracy; accountability/ownership; adherence to formal internal and external standards, procedures and processes; and accurate, acceptable documentation and report writing
- Completes the design, installation and documentation of vehicle systems and components
- Driving the implementation of the technical solution into customer applications
- Work closely with supplier for development components
- Engineering documentation of drawings and specifications
- To execute Projects with QDCF (Quality, Delivery, project and product Cost, Feature)
- Coordinate with cross functional teams and work with a global network of people within Product Development, Purchasing, Global Manufacturing and Aftermarket
- Define the project scope
- Define the product features
- In cooperation with the partner, define and drive the project time plan
- Define and drive the project cost
- Engineering cost for the partner
- Engineering cost for SVD
- Manage engineering cost for partnerships (i.e. alternate engineering sites, work packages, supplier development)
- Define and anchor (with the customer) the vehicle diversity
- You are responsible to manage the partner and its deliverables
- Project Management experience, training or certification preferred
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum of BS Engineering ( Mechanical or Electro-Mechanical preferred)
- Master of Science preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in an engineering environment with 6 years of automotive or heavy truck engineering
- Experience with entire technical proposal related to the product to be developed including risk management, engineering budget, product development, technical commitment, etc.
- Experience with design, testing/validation and/or development projects
- Knowledge of PLM/PDM software a plus
- Must have experience with CAD tools (Pro E/Creo)
- FEA Knowledge/experience a plus
- Skilled in developing low level specifications and managing external development a plus
- Knowledge of legal/regulatory requirements especially for US Market
- Must have experience with Vehicle Architecture, Geometry Architecture and Geometry Assurance
- Must have experience with special vehicles/customer adaptation/full build vehicle projects
- Chassis Equipment and Transport Adaptation Knowledge/experience
- Project Management training with experience a plus
- Action Oriented
- Decision Quality
- Customer Focus
- Values Differences
- Communicates Effectively
- Drives Results
- Organizational Savvy
- Cultivates innovation
- Nimble Learning
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Chcemy Cię poznać
Po złożeniu podania otrzymasz wiadomość e-mail z potwierdzeniem. Później będziesz mieć możliwość zaktualizowania swojego profilu osobistego.
Jeśli zakwalifikujemy Cię do rozmowy, skontaktujemy się z Tobą, podając informacje na temat następujących etapów procesu: druga rozmowa, ocena i referencje.
Wszyscy kandydaci zostaną powiadomieni, gdy na stanowisko zostanie wybrany ostateczny kandydat. Możesz zaznaczyć, że Twoje dane mają pozostać w naszej bazie danych i uaktywnić wyszukiwanie innych stanowisk zgodnych z Twoim profilem.
Gdy rozpocznie się okres Twojego zatrudnienia, zostanie Ci zapewnione wprowadzenie, dzięki któremu szybko staniesz się członkiem zespołu i zaczniesz pracę w najlepszy możliwy sposób.