Utility and Rental Worker
Job Summary (Purpose of Job): This position will be responsible to assist and support the service and rental departments as well as provide facility maintenance, as needed. The candidate must be capable of diagnosing and troubleshooting. Will demonstrate safe and proper application of all tools and equipment.
Main Tasks/ Responsibilities / Authorities: In addition, this position is accountable for the following:
- Assist the Rental and Service departments with general tasks, including but not limited to inventory, shipping, receiving, pulling parts and checking equipment in/out.
- Consistently and thoroughly follows through on all job facets, including parts ordering and retrieval.
- Ability to work on or around heavy construction equipment, which requires climbing and accessing hard to reach areas.
- Will demonstrate proper application and use of all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Will provide a high level of customer service and satisfaction to all internal and external customers.
- Some light duty mechanics including PDIs, Rental Equipment Check-Ins/Check-Outs for designated machines. Ability to perform preventative maintenance (oil, filters & inspections) on shop.
- Performs maintenance on facility equipment including air compressors, air lines, wash rack reclaim systems and maintains a clean working environment.
- Uses skills and knowledge to service equipment systems, including but not limited to hydraulic, air, electrical and lubrication.
- Will safely operate different industrial tools including a forklift.
- Maintain daily logs for: safety, inventory and equipment inspection.
- Ability to have a flexible schedule for overtime, as needed.
- Tools for job will be provided.
- Perform tasks as directed by the department supervisor in all areas of the branch
- Performs other duties as directed
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED
- Computer proficiency, especially with Microsoft products.
- Prior experience in the construction industry strongly preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in a service department
- Possesses a valid California Driver’s License and a good driving record.
- May have some local travel.
Physical Requirements (e.g. language, mobility):
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing
- Frequent stooping, bending, overhead reaching, lifting, pulling, caring, or pushing objects or materials, up to 25lbs.
- Occasional lifting, pulling, or pushing objects or materials, up to 50lbs.
- Will work in a noisy, dusty areas with outdoor elements and environment.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders, steps and use handrails for entering and exiting heavy equipment.
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.
We Participate in E-verify
Chcemy Cię poznać
Po złożeniu podania otrzymasz wiadomość e-mail z potwierdzeniem. Później będziesz mieć możliwość zaktualizowania swojego profilu osobistego.
Jeśli zakwalifikujemy Cię do rozmowy, skontaktujemy się z Tobą, podając informacje na temat następujących etapów procesu: druga rozmowa, ocena i referencje.
Wszyscy kandydaci zostaną powiadomieni, gdy na stanowisko zostanie wybrany ostateczny kandydat. Możesz zaznaczyć, że Twoje dane mają pozostać w naszej bazie danych i uaktywnić wyszukiwanie innych stanowisk zgodnych z Twoim profilem.
Gdy rozpocznie się okres Twojego zatrudnienia, zostanie Ci zapewnione wprowadzenie, dzięki któremu szybko staniesz się członkiem zespołu i zaczniesz pracę w najlepszy możliwy sposób.