GTP SQ&D Supplier Quality Engineer-Surface Treatment
Volvo Trucks North America (VTNA) and Mack brands Supplier Quality & Development Team North America have an exciting opportunity for an individual with high energy and a desire to apply and further develop their knowledge and skills related to paint and surface treatment technology in the automotive and or NA Heavy Duty Trucking industry. Volvo Group Supplier Quality & Development (SQ&D) is a part of a larger network of professionals within the Volvo Group North America Purchasing (GTP). This diverse and innovative organization supports quality and purchasing functions for Volvo Group, specifically, Volvo Trucks North America (VTNA) and Mack brands. SQ&D drive the global supplier base towards premium automotive quality standards and is responsible to secure the manufacturing capabilities, capacity and quality of our purchased parts through lean manufacturing and continuously improvement philosophies.
As part of the Global Purchasing Unit, SQ&D Supplier Quality Engineer - Surface Treatment will work with and support Volvo SQ&D Surface Treatment initiatives and apply their knowledge for paint and surface treatment principals and work to certified suppliers to the Volvo standard. This role will support for issues related quality of paint and surface treatment in the supply chain striving to apply, develop and expand on their professional and practical knowledge of paint processes and surface treatment as it relates to VTNA Supply Chain. This role will support, and actively participate in Volvo sourcing and suppler selection, Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) activities. Striving to support and push suppliers to maintain the level of product and quality performance, verify and validate problem quality concerns within supply chain. Applicants must have knowledge experience working with paint, surface treatment substrates in automotive and or NA Heavy Duty Truck Markets.
Position will report to SQ&D Group Manager of Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing Organization.
- Be an active member in SQ&D North America Purchasing team with responsible and accountability for suppliers where you have responsibility
- Provide Support and share knowledge of quality, purchasing, and manufacturing experience paint, surface treatment technologies for automotive and or heavy duty truck industry within VTNA
- Audit and develop Surface Treatment Suppliers for Volvo Group NA Suppliers
- Contribute to the SQ&D activities in accordance with defined strategies and targets
- Ensure that there is close interaction with suppliers, and develop and work with cross functionally with team to ensure common strategy is driven and communicated to the suppliers
- Ensuring the best Supplier is selected, working with strong collaboration with other team securing good supplier selections done with the Technology & Supplier Evaluation team and buying teams
- Responsible and Accountable in assuring quality objectives are known to suppliers, PPAP, PPAP on time, APQP, Supplier Delivery Precision, and PPM/QPM (Quality Performance Measure)
- Actively support process harmonization and best practice sharing within GTP SQ&D
- Secure quality, capacity and cost targets and KPI fulfillment
- Secure that the quality requirements are transferred to the others department through the quality plans
- Active participant and key stakeholder in solving supplier related warranty, Quality Journal, Quality Action Group issues when needed
- Manage (Quality, Delivery, Cost, Features, Technology, Sustainability, Risk) targets of the supplier
- Work in accordance with the Volvo processes, the Code of Conduct and the Volvo Values
- Responsible to keep all part quality information accurate and updated in the Volvo Global Purchasing System
- Responsible to follow up preventive quality action programs when needed and follow up on corrective actions
- Assist and contribute during design reviews and manufacturing feasibility reviews with suppliers
- Generate and track product or process related deviations in orde,r to support production until full approval and compliance can be obtained
- Review and assist in quality rejections that occur in the manufacturing environment as a result of supplier deficiencies
- Minimum 2- 3 years of automotive or Heavy Duty Truck Market paint and surface treatment background and knowledge of application and manufacturing processes for the automotive and, or NA Trucking industry in paint, surface treatment and chemical specific technologies
- Preferred University Degree Chemical Engineering. or equivalent work experience related to automotive, and or heavy duty truck painting and surface treatment Industry
- Will considered experience and strong performance as substitute for lack of diploma) with comparable Manufacturing/Mechanical Engineering background coupled with experience in painting and surface treatment industry in automotive/heavy duty truck industry
- Knowledgeable in current and future business trends, technology and markets
- Able to execute in a global organization (Preferred)
- Face problems and act quickly and directly. Provide direct & actionable feedback
- Strong Communication skills
- Strong Knowledge of Supply Chain Management in Painting and Surface treatment acumen
- Strong problem-solving abilities and critical-thinking skills
- Effective continuous improvement and zero defect mentality
- Ability to communicate in English, written and orally
- Ability to understand and interpret paint and surface treatment specifications with experience in general technical knowledge related to processes and chemistry in this industry
- Knowledge of automotive quality standards and tools such as, ISO 9000:2015, IATF16949, ISO14001
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Preventative mindset and leadership when it comes to solving problems or to take decisions
- Ability to create networks with strong communication skills in order to lead cross functional activities within multi-cultural teams
- Ability to work independently when required
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
We Participate in E-verify
Chcemy Cię poznać
Po złożeniu podania otrzymasz wiadomość e-mail z potwierdzeniem. Później będziesz mieć możliwość zaktualizowania swojego profilu osobistego.
Jeśli zakwalifikujemy Cię do rozmowy, skontaktujemy się z Tobą, podając informacje na temat następujących etapów procesu: druga rozmowa, ocena i referencje.
Wszyscy kandydaci zostaną powiadomieni, gdy na stanowisko zostanie wybrany ostateczny kandydat. Możesz zaznaczyć, że Twoje dane mają pozostać w naszej bazie danych i uaktywnić wyszukiwanie innych stanowisk zgodnych z Twoim profilem.
Gdy rozpocznie się okres Twojego zatrudnienia, zostanie Ci zapewnione wprowadzenie, dzięki któremu szybko staniesz się członkiem zespołu i zaczniesz pracę w najlepszy możliwy sposób.