VGA is seeking a strategic leader with significant supplier contract negotiation and relationship management experience to join our team as Purchasing Manager of Indirect Products and Services (IPS), Uptime and Truck Superstructures. As Purchasing Manager, you will drive and manage the performance of the IPS, Uptime and TST team in line with the global segment strategy, ensuring Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management (QDCFTSR) of suppliers. Key to your success will be your approach as a people leader to manage a diverse team of buyers, your interpersonal skills to manage supplier relationships to promote and contribute to supplier negotiation.
This position is being offered on a full time permanent basis and will be based at our brand new open-plan offices, perfect for collaborative agile working. Reporting directly to the Vice President Group Trucks Purchasing Australia, this position is a key member of the GTP Australia Purchasing Leadership team for VGA.
About the role:
- Manage the overall supplier relationship for business area
- Contribute to the global segment strategies and manage supplier selection/relationship/ partnership and negotiation
- Secure cost targets and department KPI fulfilment
- Contribute to GTP Australia strategy and business plan
- Collaborate with suppliers to secure involvement in project activities
- Manage purchasing Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management (QDCFTSR) deliverables according to contract
- Lead and manage direct reports and identify training and development needs for team members
- Manage the budget and operating expenses for the department
- Manage and promote collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to drive continuous improvement
- Tertiary qualified in Business, Engineering, Technology or similar
- 10+ years work experience in purchasing in a large complex organisation
- Minimum of 5 years' leading high performing diverse teams driving common objectives, strong morale and team spirit
- Business Acumen and knowledgeable about current and future business trends, technology and markets
- Able to work and deliver results in a global matrix organisation
- Excellent analytical, negotiation and risk strategy skills to identify alternative supplier solutions
- Flexible with the ability to work under pressure in a fast pace environment
- Results driven with a strong sense of planning and priority setting
- Outstanding written and verbal communication in English.
- Competitive remuneration package, including company vehicle
- Additional superannuation payments
- Career development with Global prospects
- Salary sacrifice fifth week of annual leave
- Service recognition
- Employee benefits and discounts from a large selection of retailers
- Supportive and family-friendly team culture focused on diversity and equality
- A strong commitment to safety, quality and service
- A dedicated Health & Wellbeing program including physiotherapy consultations
- Discounted Private Health Insurance & Dental.
Salary circa $120K - $145K
Volvo Group Australia are proud of our inclusive work environment which promotes a supportive energy, and encourages individual growth to create strong teams. We are committed to forming a workforce which reflects the exceptionally diverse customers we serve, and encourage applications from all backgrounds.
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
Chcemy Cię poznać
Po złożeniu podania otrzymasz wiadomość e-mail z potwierdzeniem. Później będziesz mieć możliwość zaktualizowania swojego profilu osobistego.
Jeśli zakwalifikujemy Cię do rozmowy, skontaktujemy się z Tobą, podając informacje na temat następujących etapów procesu: druga rozmowa, ocena i referencje.
Wszyscy kandydaci zostaną powiadomieni, gdy na stanowisko zostanie wybrany ostateczny kandydat. Możesz zaznaczyć, że Twoje dane mają pozostać w naszej bazie danych i uaktywnić wyszukiwanie innych stanowisk zgodnych z Twoim profilem.
Gdy rozpocznie się okres Twojego zatrudnienia, zostanie Ci zapewnione wprowadzenie, dzięki któremu szybko staniesz się członkiem zespołu i zaczniesz pracę w najlepszy możliwy sposób.