Lead Test Automation Engineer
Vehicle Engineering - Greensboro
Electrical Engineering & Vehicle Connectivity
Would you like to be working with cutting edge technology, developing high tech systems in the heavy truck industry?
Would you enjoy working in the exciting engineering field of Electrical, Electronics & Vehicle Connectivity, helping to create the future transport solutions in the US?
The Lead Test Automation Engineer is responsible for the design, documentation, development, and testing of software solutions to automate testing of electronic control units and systems for Group Trucks North America (GTNA) products and services. The selected candidate is also responsible for analyzing product/system-level requirements and translating them into software requirements as well as the development and delivery of specific software features and functionality.
Qualified candidates will have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer, Software, or Electrical Engineering along with 10+ years of embedded development and software engineering experience.
Core Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Lead an engineering team to develop components and systems to automate testing of electronics and connectivity components for GTNA
- Develop a strategy, an architecture and a technical roadmap for GTNA Test Automation
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring of a group of 4-8 talented software engineers to grow the skills and knowledge in the team
- Lead Continuous Development and Continuous Integration (CD/CI) efforts for GTNA so system and component owners can benefit from the automation tools and rigs
- Drive the agile processes and software standards to maintain efficient, well organized, reusable and reliable software to ensure the best possible performance, quality, and robustness of software applications
- Practical programming experience with various languages (i.e. C, C#, C++, Java, Python, etc.) using object-oriented analysis and programming techniques
- Capable of solving engineering problems through accurate interpretation of requirements and test results
- Proven experience at software analysis, development, task time and effort estimation, and execution to plan
- Experience performing software requirement analysis and definition, working with stakeholders to refine product requirements to be realized in software
- Experience with Network protocols and CAN communication and associated tools (i.e. Vector CANalyzer, CANoe, etc.) is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and strong problem-solving skills
- Customer focus: Dedicated to meeting expectations of internal and external customers
- Decision Quality: Taking a well-ordered approach to solving problems and acting despite obstacles or resistance
- Collaborates: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes
- Values Differences: Values individual and team differences
- Action oriented: gets things done, approaches tasks with end goal in mind and stays focus on completion. Takes action in the absence of specific instructions or in the absence of a specific requirement, taking reasonable risks to achieve results, and persevering when challenged
- Technical learning: has the ability and desire to learn new tools and to stay updated with the latest technological advancements in the industry
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish, seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks
- Learning on the fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems, a relentless and versatile learner, welcomes change, analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement
- Analytical Skills: Recognizing patterns in data, information, or events, drawing logical conclusions, and making recommendations for action
- Conceptual Thinking: Understanding how elements, problems, and situations are related to each other and to the larger environment
- Creativity/Innovation: Reframing traditional patterns of thinking and applying new and evolving ideas, methods, designs and technologies
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required (or higher) standards, pitching in to get the job done
- Ownership/Accountability: Taking the lead in getting the job done and accepting responsibility for personal actions, costs, and results
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities and assignments
- Drive for results: ability to develop project time plan, set goals and milestones and deliver own items accordingly
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Electrical Engineering required. (Master’s degree preferred)
- At least 10 years of related engineering experience
- Experience with Agile development methodology such as SCRUM and SAFe desired
- Ability to travel (domestic and international)
- Automotive or commercial vehicle engineering experience a plus
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Chcemy Cię poznać
Po złożeniu podania otrzymasz wiadomość e-mail z potwierdzeniem. Później będziesz mieć możliwość zaktualizowania swojego profilu osobistego.
Jeśli zakwalifikujemy Cię do rozmowy, skontaktujemy się z Tobą, podając informacje na temat następujących etapów procesu: druga rozmowa, ocena i referencje.
Wszyscy kandydaci zostaną powiadomieni, gdy na stanowisko zostanie wybrany ostateczny kandydat. Możesz zaznaczyć, że Twoje dane mają pozostać w naszej bazie danych i uaktywnić wyszukiwanie innych stanowisk zgodnych z Twoim profilem.
Gdy rozpocznie się okres Twojego zatrudnienia, zostanie Ci zapewnione wprowadzenie, dzięki któremu szybko staniesz się członkiem zespołu i zaczniesz pracę w najlepszy możliwy sposób.