HR Director, talent and competence management
Talent and competence management is a strategic pillar of UD Trucks and JVs (UDTJV) and is recognized as a key area for success for our business and strategy execution.
We are now looking for Talent and competence management director for UDJV, based in Japan.
You, together with your team will be responsible for talent management in a broad definition, including employee engagement, culture and values, performance management, leadership, diversity and inclusion, competence management and talent acquisition.
In this position, you will be part of the HR Leadership team and drive the talent and competence development agenda together with business leaders and HR Business Partners. You will capture strategic business challenges and translate them into organizational implications to drive an action plan that develops our organization, functions, leaders and colleagues.
You will report to the Senior Vice President HR for UD Trucks and JVs. You will collaborate with the global Talent Management team for the Volvo Group and customize the global talent agenda for our business and implement relevant programs, tools and practices across the company.
Key responsibilities are:
• Develop the talent acquisition function to support a strong talent acquisition approach, including internal talent growth
• Ensure a dynamic and business integrated talent management processes that enables deployment of organization capabilities aligned with business needs
• Deploy the Volvo Group Global talent management philosophy across the company including participation in talent reviews, assessment of potential and ensuring strong succession pipelines
• Develop and drive talent development programs
• Ensure employee engagement across company along with the HRBPs and leaders
• Actively work with, and drive company culture and our values.
• Support and drive targeted competence and leadership development interventions across different levels of the organization working together with Volvo Group University and HR Directors /HRBPs
• Lead and coordinate performance management process as well as drive a very effective diversity and inclusiveness strategy across the company
• Develop people metrics and competence data that to support in business decisions such as identifying new ways of structuring the organization to best organize our employees in the future
In 12 months; having established a high performing talent and competence development function, with the right capabilities to support a diverse organization. This includes closing any identified gaps and defining the right level of capacity and resourcing to fulfil the responsibilities of the function. It also includes building trust and credibility with key stakeholders, in order to become a sought-after support to the business.
Your personality and experience includes:
• Good understanding of how business strategies drive talent and performance initiatives
• Strong business acumen and understanding how the business agenda drives people imperatives and future organizational needs
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience in Human Resources, with exposure to talent management roles, preferably also as an HR Business Partner
• Proven skills working across country borders with the understanding and respect for cultural differences and have both operational and strategic abilities.
• Experience and knowledge of how to work in a matrix organization
• Energy with the right ambition, drive, curiosity and innovative skills
• Ability to synthesize and provide easy to use tools and guidance
• Constantly seeking innovation and new ideas in your area of expertise, through networks as well as on line.
• Excellent communication and influencing skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization, including top management
• Value driven leader with a passion to develop colleagues and culture.
※Applications will be screened and the interview process will start upon arrival.
UD Trucks and JVs is an international commercial vehicle solutions provider based and headquartered in Japan. UD Trucks and JVs develop, produce and sell a wide range of heavy, medium and light-duty vehicles, supporting smart logistics solutions across 60 countries. Our trucks go the extra distance, giving our customers extra fuel mileage and uptime.
Our 8,000 smart, modern and diversified colleagues work with passion, trust and change to stay ahead for performance. We will always go the extra mile for our customers and business partners.
Chcemy Cię poznać
Po złożeniu podania otrzymasz wiadomość e-mail z potwierdzeniem. Później będziesz mieć możliwość zaktualizowania swojego profilu osobistego.
Jeśli zakwalifikujemy Cię do rozmowy, skontaktujemy się z Tobą, podając informacje na temat następujących etapów procesu: druga rozmowa, ocena i referencje.
Wszyscy kandydaci zostaną powiadomieni, gdy na stanowisko zostanie wybrany ostateczny kandydat. Możesz zaznaczyć, że Twoje dane mają pozostać w naszej bazie danych i uaktywnić wyszukiwanie innych stanowisk zgodnych z Twoim profilem.
Gdy rozpocznie się okres Twojego zatrudnienia, zostanie Ci zapewnione wprowadzenie, dzięki któremu szybko staniesz się członkiem zespołu i zaczniesz pracę w najlepszy możliwy sposób.