Regional Sales Manager
Volvo Bus Corporation is the world’s second largest manufacturer of large buses and coaches under Volvo Group. The range comprises of complete vehicles, chassis, transportation system solutions, financing and service contract maintenance. Production is carried out in Europe, North America, South America and Asia, employing approximately 7,500 staff.
Cluster MEAC (Middle East, Africa and CIS) Volvo Buses is a fast expanding area within Volvo Bus Corporation, Region International. It is responsible for both Buses sales and After Sales business, partnerships with Volvo’s own and private importers, key customers and body build partners, and progress of the Volvo Buses total business in Middle East, Africa and Commonwealth of Independent States. With the development of BRT (Bus Rapid Transportation) systems and rapid interest on electro-mobility in many new markets, we are forecasting significant growth in the coming years.
We are looking for a well-qualified individual to join us as Regional Sales Manager for West, Central & East Africa.
To secure our market development, market position, and ensure the optimal short and long term commercial bus sales business result within area of responsibility. You are also responsible for driving the Bus Sales process and activities including value based selling concepts, optimisation of business solutions and soft product offerings in accordance with Sales Area & Market Business Plan. Secure and build short term and long term customer relationship. Contribute to our ambition to become a true customer company. Motivating, developing and encouraging excellent performance to drive profitability. To provide effective leadership, coordination and general direction to reflect The Volvo Way and promote the Company’s Mission, Vision and Wanted Position statements.
- To be the owner of the commercial bus sales activities for the Volvo Bus brand within the assigned markets
- To lead the business through the importers bus sales organisation including tender process
- Provide market intelligence and business opportunities within the area of responsibility
- Enhance market development, market position, and ensure the optimal short and long term commercial bus sales business result
- To own the responsibility of volume and Market share growth for assigned markets
- Price management for Volvo Buses for assigned markets
- To build up and maintain a healthy importer relationship at all level
- Work with importer sales team to enhance their customer approach process and sales process understanding
- To set, implement and follow up goals and activities according the main objectives of VBC
- Continuously develop and support existing importers and develop new segments and markets
- Secure Sales Competence Development, within area of responsibility
- To safeguard that the VBC policies are applied
- To work for a good co-operation between different departments within VBC and other companies within the Volvo Group
- Joint responsibility for Customer Satisfaction for Aftermarket issues
- Contribute to the region’s visions, strategies, business plans as well as the overall co-ordination and implementation of activities between the market / importer, the market team and central support functions
- University degree in technical/commercial field
- Sales experience in B2B with solid performances in sales growth and client retention
- High knowledge of the Bus environment incl external body builders
- Proficiency in English, orally and in writing. French as an advantage
- Ability to create and maintain a network in the African business environment
- Demonstrate a high level of business ethics
- Communication and relation building skills
- International experience and working with other cultures is an advantage
- Good in teamwork, customer focus, business oriented, motivated and determined to reach agreed objectives
- Leadership, negotiating and people skills would be valuable
For further information, please contact
José Moreira, Director-Region North and Middle Africa, firstname.lastname@example.org
Volvo Buses, is driven by a purpose to ensure that millions of people reach their travel destination every day. Reliably, safely and with respect for the environment. We want to make a difference, being pioneers of sustainable transport solutions of the future. We want to be there for our customers providing uptime and reliability, all over the world every day. Volvo Buses is leading the biggest technology shift in public transport in decades with our electromobility offer. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Chcemy Cię poznać
Po złożeniu podania otrzymasz wiadomość e-mail z potwierdzeniem. Później będziesz mieć możliwość zaktualizowania swojego profilu osobistego.
Jeśli zakwalifikujemy Cię do rozmowy, skontaktujemy się z Tobą, podając informacje na temat następujących etapów procesu: druga rozmowa, ocena i referencje.
Wszyscy kandydaci zostaną powiadomieni, gdy na stanowisko zostanie wybrany ostateczny kandydat. Możesz zaznaczyć, że Twoje dane mają pozostać w naszej bazie danych i uaktywnić wyszukiwanie innych stanowisk zgodnych z Twoim profilem.
Gdy rozpocznie się okres Twojego zatrudnienia, zostanie Ci zapewnione wprowadzenie, dzięki któremu szybko staniesz się członkiem zespołu i zaczniesz pracę w najlepszy możliwy sposób.