National Sales Manager-Industrial
We strive for balance and believe that actively prioritizing a high level of diversity in our workforce creates competitive advantage. It is our people that make the difference!
Due to the growth of our Industrial Sales Segment, we have an exciting opportunity for a National Sales Manager position with supervisory responsibility. The National Sales Manager leads a team of sales representatives in proactively generating new engine sales for Volvo Penta (VP) industrial products in North America with select OEM accounts in the Off highway and Power generation segments. This position reports to the Vice President, Industrial Sales. In this key role, you’ll be responsible for supporting and growing current OEM accounts by providing a high level of customer service that exceeds expectations. We also offer leadership development opportunities. If you are ready to be challenged, eager to make a difference and willing to go the extra mile, we invite you to apply for this position to see how we can support you in achieving your goals while at the same time making our customers successful.
- Lead and manage sales team to maximize engine sales for all industrial segments.
- Develop a sales plan for f Industrial engines in North America as assigned.
- Lead and manage sales team to maximize sales of industrial engines in AOR.
- Coach sales representatives on the technical aspects of our products and on sales techniques, procedures, and standards that will help them achieve their sales targets.
- Analyze and research the target Off –highway segments and identify new customers within AOR
- Establish, maintain and grow existing Industrial OEM accounts in North America.
- Pursue new OEM business opportunities for Volvo Penta industrial products.
- Be the Key Account Manager (KAM) for selected existing and new accounts.
- Facilitate and manage interfaces between Volvo Penta and the customer to ensure 1st, 2nd and 3rd Tier customer satisfaction is achieved.
- Drive to attain Volvo Penta business objectives and initiatives.
- Provide management with required sales contact reports and issue tracking updates.
- Facilitate involving the appropriate Volvo Penta resources in developing and winning new business.
- Organize product and systems training for assigned accounts.
- Provide training on Volvo Penta warranty procedures, parts return, parts lookup (EPC) workshop methods / controls and maintenance programs to OEMs, distributors and sub dealers.
- Promote the use of the Volvo Penta Partner Network.
- Investigate OEM, distributor, dealer and/or end user product concerns and generate appropriate corrective action expeditiously.
- Follow all safety and environmental rules and guidelines.
- Develop and maintain a high level of technical proficiency for Volvo Penta products.
- Actively participate in trade shows and other industry events as required.
- Follow all safety, environmental rules and company guidelines.
- Perform other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Self-starter – works with minimal supervision.
- High energy level, comfortable performing multiple assignments in conjunction with day to day activities.
- Strong background in engine systems.
- Ability to read engineering drawings and interpret technical specifications.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Power Point, Excel, etc.).
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Previous managerial experience a plus.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Engineering or related field; or equivalent of education and experience; MBA preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years equivalent business experience in the field of engine sales and/or related systems.
- Diesel engine sales experience a plus.
- Volvo Penta Region Americas offers a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package that includes health, life, dental and vision plans as well as a 401(k) with a company match incentive and a robust pension plan.
- Requires out-of-town travel (50%+) including some international travel.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. Printed copies may not be the most current. Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer. E.O.E./M/F/D/V
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Chcemy Cię poznać
Po złożeniu podania otrzymasz wiadomość e-mail z potwierdzeniem. Później będziesz mieć możliwość zaktualizowania swojego profilu osobistego.
Jeśli zakwalifikujemy Cię do rozmowy, skontaktujemy się z Tobą, podając informacje na temat następujących etapów procesu: druga rozmowa, ocena i referencje.
Wszyscy kandydaci zostaną powiadomieni, gdy na stanowisko zostanie wybrany ostateczny kandydat. Możesz zaznaczyć, że Twoje dane mają pozostać w naszej bazie danych i uaktywnić wyszukiwanie innych stanowisk zgodnych z Twoim profilem.
Gdy rozpocznie się okres Twojego zatrudnienia, zostanie Ci zapewnione wprowadzenie, dzięki któremu szybko staniesz się członkiem zespołu i zaczniesz pracę w najlepszy możliwy sposób.