Director Uptime Support
Our technology sets the standard – our people make the difference all day every day
Mission/Purpose of the Job
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership to a team of managers, supervisors and individuals dedicated to the delivery of quality and continuous improvement of customer support and processes related support center operations. Develop staff of 60+ employees to ensure progression and succession planning is in place to secure a stable, empowered and highly competent workforce
- Direct and oversee recruiting and training as well as coaching and evaluating performance. Responsible for managing metrics and reporting departmental results. Manage the planning and delivery of contractual agreements, requirements, manage all correspondence and ensure all outcomes are delivered in a timely, consistently with quality and proficiency. Forecast staffing needs to provide efficient and effective 24/7 coverage 365 days annually to maximize and maintain KPI targets to best meet customer needs
- Develop new and evolve and/or transform existing service offers as they pertain to core business segments together with key stakeholders. Evaluate 3rd party solutions and partnerships to drive continuous evolution of support center to increase customer value proposition
- Direct the continued expansion and improvements of the team with focus on ‘Best in Class’ services pertaining to customer satisfaction, quality, case audits, availability and minimizing down time. Establish and maintain cross functional teams to support multiple areas of the business providing extensive and innovative customer support services
- Develop and monitor KPI targets required to balance customer satisfaction and maintain service level agreements. Align KPI targets with customer needs and key stakeholders as well as benchmark with global colleagues to share best practices and procedures to improve overall customer satisfaction and ensure proper coverage is in place for the customer base
- Negotiate contractual agreements with existing as well as potential customers to ensure resource needs are established and financially sustainable to meet business and customer requirements
- Establish and maintain favorable customer relationships which create a sense of confidence and loyalty by providing exceptional service. This includes offering products and services beneficial to their business and supporting the execution of the current corporate strategy and identifying opportunities for competitive advantages
- Drive and implement process improvement opportunities to raise efficiency and service levels, including continuous staffing and skills assessments, time study activities, and clear understanding of customer expectations to remain the leader in the industry
- Manage business contingency plans through periodic testing and process reviews. Ensure failover and back-up solutions are in place in conjunction with IT and other departments as necessary
- Create management financial reporting and analysis specific to cost, performance, headcount requirements, business trends and projected budgets
- Leadership: Proven leadership required to run a face paced organization operating with a sense of urgency and accuracy while multi-tasking and handling customer requests
- Customer Focus: Understanding and meeting the needs of customers and addressing the interests and concerns of all organization stakeholders
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Problem Solving/Decision Making: Taking a well-ordered approach to solving problems and acting despite obstacles or resistance
- Technical/Functional Expertise: Display a broad, in-depth, and up-to-date knowledge of pertinent technical, business and professional fields
- Planning & Organization: Display the ability to utilize process management concepts in strategic planning situations. Able to combine future goals and objectives with the available resources, data and action plans in a logical manner. Deliver solutions with a sense of urgency
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback non-defensively
- Creativity/Innovation: Reframing traditional patterns of thinking and applying new and evolving ideas, methods, designs and technologies
- Delegation: Understanding the need to achieve objectives through others, giving subordinates room to accomplish objectives, and allocating authority and responsibilities to subordinates
- Employee Development: Giving staff the direction, opportunities, and support they need to improve their professional competence
- Managing Diversity: Valuing the ideas and perspectives contributed by a diverse workforce, adapting individual style to tap the motivations of diverse individuals, and taking action to capitalize on workforce diversity
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred
- 5-7 years Call Center Management experience required
- Project management experience required
- Experience with developing budgets and forecasts
- Dealer/Fleet/OE Service Department experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Occasional travel required
Mack is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
We Participate in E-verify
Chcemy Cię poznać
Po złożeniu podania otrzymasz wiadomość e-mail z potwierdzeniem. Później będziesz mieć możliwość zaktualizowania swojego profilu osobistego.
Jeśli zakwalifikujemy Cię do rozmowy, skontaktujemy się z Tobą, podając informacje na temat następujących etapów procesu: druga rozmowa, ocena i referencje.
Wszyscy kandydaci zostaną powiadomieni, gdy na stanowisko zostanie wybrany ostateczny kandydat. Możesz zaznaczyć, że Twoje dane mają pozostać w naszej bazie danych i uaktywnić wyszukiwanie innych stanowisk zgodnych z Twoim profilem.
Gdy rozpocznie się okres Twojego zatrudnienia, zostanie Ci zapewnione wprowadzenie, dzięki któremu szybko staniesz się członkiem zespołu i zaczniesz pracę w najlepszy możliwy sposób.