Co-op: Mechanical Engineering Product Validation Testing (Spring 2020)
Features, Verification & Validation is a global organization using deep customer knowledge to break down customer features into technical requirements. We drive validation plans to reach the requested feature level and secure end customer satisfaction. We also manage the verification plans thanks to world class physical and virtual tests on the complete vehicle such as durability testing in rigs, fuel economy testing, reliability testing with customers and a variety of simulations and tests with trucks on proving grounds and open roads. Our skilled and engaged teams are located in Gothenburg, Lyon, Greensboro, Curitiba, Bangalore and Ageo.
The Product Validation group’s role is to ensure that our truck and soft offers are meeting our customer’s expectations. We do this by performing internally based tests, and also by running field tests with a select group of our customers. As a co-op in the Product Validation team, you should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment while gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering and vehicle validation. As a valued member of the team within GTT, you will have the opportunity to work directly with Product Validation group supporting customer field test, internal reliability tests and end to end validation of vehicle systems. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to the Group Manager for the Product Validation group.
What will you do?
- Work with exciting transport solutions and new technologies, and collaborate cross-functionally with different groups
- Gain experience working in an engineering environment, and learning about Class 8 trucks, their applications, functions, operation and customer expectations
- Enhance your communication and technical writing skills
- Track fleet of customer field test vehicles and create periodic summaries of progress, mileage accumulation, performance, driver feedback.
- Process & analyze data collected from test trucks. Focus areas include fuel economy, climate, duty cycle analysis, and performance metrics.
- Work with vehicle end to end function testing, both in the lab and on the road
- Assist engineers with problem reporting of field tests and reliability tests.
Co-op Education and Program Requirements
- In addition to having a good base of engineering knowledge, the ideal candidate will also be a “hands-on” person and enjoy working with vehicles & data acquisition and analysis
- Able to gather, analyze and present scientific information
- A team player able to lead with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiar with Microsoft office products
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Engineering at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op.
- Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Must receive college credit or academic transcript notation for co-op.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Chcemy Cię poznać
Po złożeniu podania otrzymasz wiadomość e-mail z potwierdzeniem. Później będziesz mieć możliwość zaktualizowania swojego profilu osobistego.
Jeśli zakwalifikujemy Cię do rozmowy, skontaktujemy się z Tobą, podając informacje na temat następujących etapów procesu: druga rozmowa, ocena i referencje.
Wszyscy kandydaci zostaną powiadomieni, gdy na stanowisko zostanie wybrany ostateczny kandydat. Możesz zaznaczyć, że Twoje dane mają pozostać w naszej bazie danych i uaktywnić wyszukiwanie innych stanowisk zgodnych z Twoim profilem.
Gdy rozpocznie się okres Twojego zatrudnienia, zostanie Ci zapewnione wprowadzenie, dzięki któremu szybko staniesz się członkiem zespołu i zaczniesz pracę w najlepszy możliwy sposób.