Lead ESW Application Engineer-Scrum Master
Do you like working with people and to see them grow? Are you excited to join our exciting journey to develop advanced, premium digital products and services for the transport solution customers?
We have an exciting job to offer you!
Within Diagnostic Engineering team in Greensboro, North America we now have an open position for a Lead Engineer whose primary role is to be the Scrum master for our Vehicle Engineering team.For us, the Scrum Master is someone that resolves impediment and have control over the scrum processes.
Scrum master job description is everything from coaching team about agile scrum to delivering successful deliverables. They are to make sure that project is working smoothly and every team member has tools to get their work done efficiently. He or She must execute the backlog as wished by our product owner, making sure that deliverables are on time with production quality.
The Scrum master needs to be involved in team conflicts and must have good communication skills. S/he must be actively involved in technical matters thus finding out the gaps and ensuring product owner involvement in business decision and description of the functional flow.We follow an Agile software development methodology, where, Scrum Master is a particularly challenging position as they are responsible for the team functionality. The Scrum master is responsible for monitoring the scrum processes and scrum meetings. They ensure observance of DoD (Definition of done).
An effective Scrum Master is a team-based servant leader who:
- Exhibits Lean-Agile leadership – Exhibits the behaviors of a Lean-Agile Leader with a Lean-Agile Mindset.
- Supports the team rules – The Scrum Master is responsible for reinforcing the team rules. These may include the rules of Scrum, Built-In Quality practices and any other process rules the team has agreed.
- Facilitates the team’s progress toward team goals – The Scrum Master is trained as a team facilitator and is continuously engaged in challenging the old norms of development to improve performance in the areas of quality, predictability, flow, and velocity. They help the team focus on daily and Iteration Goals in the context of current Program Increment (PI) Objectives.
- Facilitates meetings – Facilitates all team meetings, including (where applicable) the Daily Stand-up, Iteration Planning, Iteration Review, and Iteration Retrospective.
- Supports the Product Owner – The Scrum Master helps the Product Owner in their efforts to manage the backlog and guide the team while facilitating a healthy team dynamic with respect to priorities and scope.
- Promotes SAFe quality practices – SAFe provides guidance to assist the teams in constantly improving the quality of their deliverables and meeting the Definition of Done (DoD). The Scrum Master helps foster the culture of technical discipline and craftsmanship that is the hallmark of effective Agile teams.
- Protects and communicates – Communicates with management and outside stakeholders; helps protect the team from uncontrolled expansion of work.
- Responsibilities on the train – The Scrum Master helps coordinate inter-team cooperation and helps the team operate well on the train.
- Coordinates with other teams – The Scrum Master is typically the representative in the Scrum of Scrums (SoS) meeting, and they pass information from that meeting back to the team (see Program Increment for more details). They often coordinate with the System Team, User Experience, Architecture, and Shared Services. It is important to note, however, that the responsibility for inter-team coordination cannot be delegated entirely to the Scrum Master; every team member shares responsibility in that regard
- Facilitates preparation and readiness for ART events – Assists the team in preparation for ART activities, including PI Planning, System Demos, and the Inspect and Adapt. Supports estimating – Guides the team in establishing normalized estimates and helps the team understand how to estimate Features and Capabilities.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Automotive electronics or Electrical or Mechanical engineering; Master's degree preferred
- Minimum 8 -10 years of experience working in Automotive electronics or similar area
- Experience in Automotive Aftermarket business preferred
- Knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.
- Good skills to coach team how to follow agile scrum
- Understand the basic fundamentals of iterative and incremental development.
- Strong knowledge of Scrum theory, rules and practices.
- Basic knowledge of software development processes and procedures to understand his team needs.
- Should have knowledge about Agile techniques like: User Stories, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Ability to take and understand the commitment to deliver the product on time.
- Know about the value of metrics and incremental delivery.
- Knowledge about tasks, backlog tracking, burn down metrics, velocity, user stories etc.
- Familiar with common development practices, Service oriented environments, and Agile practices.
- Eliminates impediments – Many blocking issues will be beyond the team’s authority or may require support from other teams. The Scrum Master actively addresses these issues so that the team can remain focused on achieving the objectives of the Iteration
- Leads team efforts in relentless improvement – Helps the team improve and take responsibility for their actions; facilitates the team retrospective. Teaches problem-solving techniques and helps the team become better problem-solvers for themselves.
- Builds a high-performing team – Focuses on ever-improving team dynamics and performance. Helps the team manage interpersonal conflicts, challenges, and opportunities for growth. Escalates people problems to management where necessary, helps individuals and teams through personnel changes.
- Demonstrable experience of Scrum Management
- Agile Experience
- Planning Experience
- Stakeholder Management, Negotiation & Communication Skills
- JIRA/Confluence/TFS experience
This position will report to the group manager of Diagnostic Engineering Group within the Aftermarket technology Department
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Chcemy Cię poznać
Po złożeniu podania otrzymasz wiadomość e-mail z potwierdzeniem. Później będziesz mieć możliwość zaktualizowania swojego profilu osobistego.
Jeśli zakwalifikujemy Cię do rozmowy, skontaktujemy się z Tobą, podając informacje na temat następujących etapów procesu: druga rozmowa, ocena i referencje.
Wszyscy kandydaci zostaną powiadomieni, gdy na stanowisko zostanie wybrany ostateczny kandydat. Możesz zaznaczyć, że Twoje dane mają pozostać w naszej bazie danych i uaktywnić wyszukiwanie innych stanowisk zgodnych z Twoim profilem.
Gdy rozpocznie się okres Twojego zatrudnienia, zostanie Ci zapewnione wprowadzenie, dzięki któremu szybko staniesz się członkiem zespołu i zaczniesz pracę w najlepszy możliwy sposób.