Commodity Buyer EACS+EMOB Asia and EXC Specialist
Volvo Construction Equipment is leading the way towards developing a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. To make this happen, our machines require innovative technologies, especially in the area of Electronics, Connectivity, E-Mobility and Automation. Being at the forefront of these developments, our team is now recruiting a Commodity Buyer in charge of Electronics, Automation and Connected Services, E-mobility in Asia and at same time being the Global specialist for Excavator Product Platform. Are you ready take on your next challenge? Come join us!
What is our offer?
This is a new role for us so it is definitely an opportunity to take an active part in shaping your own role and creating your dream job. This is a chance for you to take responsibility for our future; both for that of Volvo Construction Equipment and for the industry as a whole.
Since we see this role as a key to the success of our development towards future construction solutions, you will be very near our core business, and have strong accountability.
Who are we, your new colleagues?
You will belong to the Purchasing organization at Volvo Construction Equipment (400p), within Global Sourcing Electronics, Automation and Connected Services department.
We are a global team, newly established, with the tasks to source new suppliers/partners, secure the introduction of innovative solutions and at same time ensure business continuity of existing ones.
Being part of a diverse and multi-cultural team, you will get challenges and opportunities, and be involved in both global and regional tasks.
What will you do as Commodity Buyer Asia & Global Excavator Specialist?
Electronics and E-mobility is a key enabler for new vehicle functionalities, and while the content is raising, new type of products are flourishing with much more computing power and intelligence embedded.
On the other side, Excavator Product Platform is as such one of the strategic priorities for Volvo CE development.
In this context, we are looking for an experimented person capable to manage regional Sourcings and Projects related to the commodity, and at same time be a source of innovative solutions for the Development of Excavator Product Platform globally.
Main tasks/responsibilities, all applying to region Asia (Korea & China) and/or global EXC specific Projects:
- Be the main Purchasing regional interface to other functions (Technology, MaPP, etc.)
- Give regional and/or global EXC specific inputs, and contribute in the definition of global sourcing strategies for the E&ACS and E-mobility commodity
- Source and on-board new suppliers (Convergence between supplier base and product roadmaps) and be the responsible for supplier selection process (inputs gathering and stakeholders alignment)
- Be the Global subject matter expert / specialist for Excavator Product Platform related to E&ACS and E-Mobility technologies: perform Market survey, Competition analysis, Business Intelligence to maintain a good knowledge of existing solutions and potential evolutions within the scope (new players, M&As, new technologies, etc.)
- Strong involvement in Advanced Engineering and Early supplier integration
- Monitor overall QDC Performance of the commodity in the region Asia and drive improvement actions when required (with regional and/or global suppliers when affecting the region, with the support of Global Commodity Manager)
- Give regional and/or global EXC specific inputs, and contribute in the preparation of annual Business Review Meetings in collaboration with Global Commodity Manager
- Negotiate Framework, QDC and Development agreements. Support role to Global Commodity Manager for global suppliers
- Support region Asia Operations and Aftermarket according to escalation process, especially when it comes to components allocation and obsolescence with a risk of supply disruption
- Give Purchasing inputs to Project team in Concept Study Phase
- Collaborate with site buyers and gather sites’ needs in terms of prototypes, and support or be ready to place corresponding Purchase Orders for all sites where the New Product is introduced.
Since this role is a key role in our organization, it is important that you have the ability to lead and are not afraid of taking on responsibility. You should be a strong network coordinator; target oriented and have the ambition to deliver according to commitments.
We also imagine that you can work autonomously and you are well organized. Since you will be managing multiple projects, collaborating with internal and external contacts in a multicultural environment, you need to have good collaboration and communication skills.
Key competences for the role:
- University degree in Engineering/technology and/or Business Administration
- Purchasing Experience in Commercial vehicles, or other related industries
- ~5 years of working experience dealing with Electronics and ideally Electrical Products (ECUs, Displays, sensors, HMI, electric motors, inverters etc.)
- Knowledge in Embedded Software and Connected Services related to our Industry
- Clear understanding and vision of market trends
- Strong knowledge of Sourcing Processes
- Capable to work with conventional suppliers and at same time invent disruptive ways of collaborating with new partners
- Willingness to evolve/develop in a highly technological scope
- Fluent in English verbal and written communication
- Proven negotiation and strong leadership skills
Are we the perfect match?
Are you ready for the challenge? Are you passionate by new technologies and the development of future solutions for the construction equipment industry? Then you could be exactly what we are looking for. Apply today and join us on our journey!
Are you having questions? Or curious to hear more about this opportunity? Call me!
Romain Ferrand, Director Global Commodity, Electronics, Automation & Connected Services
+33 6 89 87 81 11
Hyung-seob Joo, HR Business Partner, HR Changwon
+82 55 260 7134
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.
Chcemy Cię poznać
Po złożeniu podania otrzymasz wiadomość e-mail z potwierdzeniem. Później będziesz mieć możliwość zaktualizowania swojego profilu osobistego.
Jeśli zakwalifikujemy Cię do rozmowy, skontaktujemy się z Tobą, podając informacje na temat następujących etapów procesu: druga rozmowa, ocena i referencje.
Wszyscy kandydaci zostaną powiadomieni, gdy na stanowisko zostanie wybrany ostateczny kandydat. Możesz zaznaczyć, że Twoje dane mają pozostać w naszej bazie danych i uaktywnić wyszukiwanie innych stanowisk zgodnych z Twoim profilem.
Gdy rozpocznie się okres Twojego zatrudnienia, zostanie Ci zapewnione wprowadzenie, dzięki któremu szybko staniesz się członkiem zespołu i zaczniesz pracę w najlepszy możliwy sposób.