Supply Planner - Mack
SML North America (NA) is a part of SML and has about 1,000 employees across the United States, Canada and Mexico. We operate the Central Distribution Center in Byhalia, MS as well as Regional Distribution Centers across the NA region.
Mission/Purpose of the Position
This position is responsible for inventory levels and fill-rates in the service market parts distribution-system. Frequent, effective and accurate communication with outside suppliers and internal departments such as Purchasing, Customer Service, Parts Marketing, Spare Parts Engineering, Distribution, and the production facilities is essential. Also key to the success of the position is extensive monitoring of the planning system, with close attention to shortages and past due schedule lines, as well as negotiation of improved and precise delivery dates and development of supplier relationships to achieve organizational performance targets such as fill-rates, delivery precision, backorder lines, dollars and aging.
The Supply Planner must be flexible and multi-task oriented as priorities change from day-to-day in a fast-paced environment. The ability to extract data, understand, analyze, and determine necessary courses of action in an independent, professional, and timely manner is the key to achieving the customer-focused objectives of this position. This individual will also be relied upon to take the initiative to solve problems in ways that are creative and self-determined.
Scope & Influence
This position reports to the Manager of Mack Supply Planning within the SP/DIM function and is located in Greensboro, NC.
- Ensure all supply planning parameters are appropriately maintained in order to provide accurate delivery schedule information to suppliers.
- Perform order handling/expediting functions and daily parts maintenance (e.g. supersessions, and parts requisitions to purchasing, loading ship dates) as necessary.
- Conduct continual reviews of suppliers’ performance and corrective activity plans by means of performance monitoring, statistics, meetings, presentations, and other relevant communication.
- Communicate organizational expectations to achieve continuous improvements in quality, lead-time and costs
- Host and drive effective meetings with focus on supplier accountability and follow-up.
- Identify and report supply chain related problems in day-to-day activities in an effort to increase overall efficiency and productivity.
- Provide effective customer-focused responses in a timely manner to internal/external customers.
- Prepare, create, and analyze reports and statistics as required/directed by management (such as cost analysis, quantitative analysis, supplier performance, etc…).
- Resolve internal/external parts discrepancies with distribution centers and suppliers.
- Serve as liaison between customer service, product support, and purchasing.
- Participate in cross functional/cultural teams.
- Remain abreast of product knowledge, organizational structure and strategy.
- Work on continuous improvement through the Volvo Production System.
- Act according to the Volvo Values.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- College degree in relevant field or 3 years’ experience in Inventory Management, Production Planning or Purchasing.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced team environment striving towards operational excellence guided by Volvo’s Values and the Code of Conduct.
- As all documentation is in English, proficiency in the English language is required
- Strong understanding of supply chain processes and theories.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong math, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Internally motivated and proactive.
- Strong knowledge of PC applications required, especially Microsoft Excel. Knowledge of Microsoft Access desirable.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Chcemy Cię poznać
Po złożeniu podania otrzymasz wiadomość e-mail z potwierdzeniem. Później będziesz mieć możliwość zaktualizowania swojego profilu osobistego.
Jeśli zakwalifikujemy Cię do rozmowy, skontaktujemy się z Tobą, podając informacje na temat następujących etapów procesu: druga rozmowa, ocena i referencje.
Wszyscy kandydaci zostaną powiadomieni, gdy na stanowisko zostanie wybrany ostateczny kandydat. Możesz zaznaczyć, że Twoje dane mają pozostać w naszej bazie danych i uaktywnić wyszukiwanie innych stanowisk zgodnych z Twoim profilem.
Gdy rozpocznie się okres Twojego zatrudnienia, zostanie Ci zapewnione wprowadzenie, dzięki któremu szybko staniesz się członkiem zespołu i zaczniesz pracę w najlepszy możliwy sposób.