Test Engineer Driving Performance
Are you interested in representing the final truck driver in projects, contributing to the verifications & validations of both strategic customer features Fuel economy & Driveability, including C02 decrease and e-mobility challenges?
Do you want to work on a wide scope of projects & technologies influencing those two features, from aero kit, to engine, driveline and any auxiliaries?
If yes, this offer is for you!
Complete Vehicle contributes to deliver the right Products & Services to all Volvo Group brand customers according to product segmentation and brand positioning. In Complete Vehicle we are a team of specialized functions with various responsibilities: Aftermarket technology developing aftermarket solutions for the brands; FVV breaking down features to technical requirements, as well as verifying and validating products and services; Product Design translating the soul of the brand to a product message; Product Builds delivering all truck and component builds; Special Vehicle Development developing niche products.
In Complete Vehicle we are close to end customers, understanding their needs and behaviors. Our engaged teams have a holistic view of the entire truck and bring hands-on truck experience.
Features, Verification & Validation is a global organization using deep customer knowledge to break down customer features into technical requirements. We drive validation plans to reach the requested feature level and secure end customer satisfaction. We also manage the verification plans thanks to world class physical and virtual tests on the complete vehicle such as durability testing in rigs, fuel economy testing, reliability testing with customers and a variety of simulations and tests with trucks on proving grounds and open roads. Our skilled and engaged teams are located in Sweden, France, and North & South America.
Within the team Features Verification & Validation (FVV) – Vehicle Productivity Lyon is looking for a test engineer for both strategic Features Fuel economy & Driveability in close cooperation with the Feature Leader
Your mission will be to
- Take part in feature test plan construction.
- Select the best efficient materials and methods to carry out a test on project and competitor vehicles.
- Manage measurement tools.
- Functionally manage the needed work for tests with mechanics (when applicable)
- Perform physical testing on rolling bench rigs and/or on road
- Post process & analyse data recorded during test in order to conclude on the Feature level.
- Report test events.
- Write engineering reports when tests are completed, indicating the status on feature contract fulfilment and proposals for improvements if deviations.
- Report test /calculation results to adequate organizations (when applicable)
- Lead and/or Contribute to continuous development of collective performances by leading or proposing improvements on tools, facilities, methods.
- Represent his feature area as a technical expert.
- The test Engineer has the authority to define or select the best facilities and methods to perform a test.
- He will contribute to the decision concerning the verification & validation plans contents
- DUT/BTS/Bachelor Degree in mechanical or electrical engineering
- Truck driving license C & E(C) and truck driving experience
- Good oral and written French & English skills.
- Knowledge of Canalyzer & Vision is a plus
- Customer focus
Did you know? For many years, as a “disability friendly” company, Renault Trucks SAS has been committed to including people with disabilities in our professional environment.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Chcemy Cię poznać
Po złożeniu podania otrzymasz wiadomość e-mail z potwierdzeniem. Później będziesz mieć możliwość zaktualizowania swojego profilu osobistego.
Jeśli zakwalifikujemy Cię do rozmowy, skontaktujemy się z Tobą, podając informacje na temat następujących etapów procesu: druga rozmowa, ocena i referencje.
Wszyscy kandydaci zostaną powiadomieni, gdy na stanowisko zostanie wybrany ostateczny kandydat. Możesz zaznaczyć, że Twoje dane mają pozostać w naszej bazie danych i uaktywnić wyszukiwanie innych stanowisk zgodnych z Twoim profilem.
Gdy rozpocznie się okres Twojego zatrudnienia, zostanie Ci zapewnione wprowadzenie, dzięki któremu szybko staniesz się członkiem zespołu i zaczniesz pracę w najlepszy możliwy sposób.