Intern: Credit and Customer Service (Summer 2020)
The following position within Volvo Financial Services USA reports to the Manager, Credit & Customer Relationship, and will be based in Greensboro, NC.
Intern: Credit and Customer Service (Summer 2020)
The internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to support/promote the student's career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The internship experience enables students to participate in professional activities with Volvo Financial Services by working on important and innovative projects. Internships are structured learning experiences where interns and our full time professionals work together on projects and allow students to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and Volvo Financial Services.
This is a summer internship for North America Transaction Services (NATS) to start in May and end in August. All Volvo Group North America internships are compensated with a competitive salary.
- Underwrite Credit Applications. Review credit submittals and assist in underwriting transactions. Articulate the strengths and weaknesses and provide a recommendation in verbal and/or written presentations
- Participate in Process Improvement projects and IT System Integrations as may be assigned
- Establish customer files and perform necessary verifications of borrowers and guarantors (i.e. Secretary of State, debt history, trade history, bonding capacity, employment, and revenue sources) as required
- Review temporary customer credit line increase requests and provide recommendation
- Observe and participate in customer service calls
- Develop relationships with National and Key Accounts
- Understand North America Transaction Services objectives and how these goals align with Volvo Group objectives
- Other duties as may be assigned
Education and experience
- Must be enrolled and pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Mathematics, or similar and in school full-time
- Prefer a Junior, Senior or Graduate student
- Must be pursuing their degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship
- Have experience prioritizing work effectively, be an individual & team contributor and be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Have proven interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Fully proficient in reading, writing and speaking English, additional languages a plus
All VFS USA workers are expected to develop and meet the following competencies:
- Action Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Customer Focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer centric solutions.
- Instills trust: Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty integrity, and authenticity.
- Collaborates: building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Business Insight: Applying knowledge of business and marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
- Nimble Learning: Actively learn through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Manages Ambiguity: Operating effectively even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
- Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Tech Savvy: Anticipating and adopting innovations in business-building digital and technology applications.
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.
We Participate in E-verify
Chcemy Cię poznać
Po złożeniu podania otrzymasz wiadomość e-mail z potwierdzeniem. Później będziesz mieć możliwość zaktualizowania swojego profilu osobistego.
Jeśli zakwalifikujemy Cię do rozmowy, skontaktujemy się z Tobą, podając informacje na temat następujących etapów procesu: druga rozmowa, ocena i referencje.
Wszyscy kandydaci zostaną powiadomieni, gdy na stanowisko zostanie wybrany ostateczny kandydat. Możesz zaznaczyć, że Twoje dane mają pozostać w naszej bazie danych i uaktywnić wyszukiwanie innych stanowisk zgodnych z Twoim profilem.
Gdy rozpocznie się okres Twojego zatrudnienia, zostanie Ci zapewnione wprowadzenie, dzięki któremu szybko staniesz się członkiem zespołu i zaczniesz pracę w najlepszy możliwy sposób.