Sales Order Coordinator
The Volvo Penta vision is to be the world leader in sustainable power solutions, and world-leading supplier of engines and complete powers systems for marine and industrial applications. We have a history of innovation and enjoy strong market positions based on our current product and service offer with customers in over 130 countries around the world. Volvo Penta is a world-leading supplier of engines and complete power systems for marine and industrial applications – both at land and sea. Region Americas is responsible for marketing, sales and customer support activities on the American continents. In this position, special focus is given to support our dealers and our growing Industrial segment, besides our already strong Marine segments.
We are now looking for a Sales Order Coordinator to join our amazing team in Chesapeake, Virginia!
What is the Job?
As a Sales Order Coordinator, not only will be provide exceptional customer service and support to our customers, you will be a liaison with Sales, Finance, Service, Logistics, and Manufacturing. You will play a key role in the activities and processes that help the sales organization run effectively and efficiently in order to support business strategies and objectives. Some of your core responsibilities will include:
- Entering, processing, confirming and managing orders from purchase order to delivery to customer. You will also critically assess orders, investigate technical anomalies, and resolve customer complaints.
- Orchestrating cross-functional departmental collaboration (Sales/Logistics/ Finance/Sales Operations) to achieve overall delivery against the agreed upon timeline and objectives, as well as conducting daily reviews and follow-up of open/late/short shipped orders, and communicating updates to customers and internal stakeholders.
- Performing root cause analysis of issues and implement corrective actions
- Supporting improvement of business processes, systems, and quality checks to enable fast, consistent, and accurate execution of the sales process.
- Conducting customer visits in an effort to build customer relationships, understand customer needs, and translate those needs into workable processes.
As a Sales Order Coordinator, you will be afforded the opportunity to work with some exceptionally skilled colleagues and experience some truly exciting challenges that will benefit you both professionally and personally.
Are you passionate about customer service and needs? You may have what it takes for this exciting role…
To be successful in this role, you must have a passion not only for providing exceptional customer service but also a drive to proactively address customer’s needs. It will also help if you’re able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment, have good time management skills, and technically-oriented. Having the following is also a plus: knowledge of JD Edwards, and working knowledge of automotive operations
In addition, excellent communication and presentation skills are necessary as is the need for fluency in speaking and writing English in order to communicate successfully with internal and external stakeholders at different levels of the organization locally, nationally, and globally.
Education & Experience:
This position requires the following:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business-related field required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in sales/customer support preferred
- Experience in providing technical support, a plus.
- Fluency in Spanish, a plus
Are you ready to join a team?
We were recently awarded “A Great Place to Work” certification two years in a rows, and our employees can attest that Volvo Penta is a great place to work! We experience relationships built on trust and respect, change and innovation, passion, exceptional performance, and a strong commitment to customer success!
If you are interested in being part of a team focused on innovation and success, and feel that this opportunity is for you, we invite you to apply to become a Sales Order Coordinator with our team. We look forward to meeting you!
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. Printed copies may not be the most current. Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer. E.O.E./M/F/D/V
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify