Lead Cloud Architect - Shared Cloud Infrastructure Services
Infrastructure & Onsite Services
Lead Cloud Architect, Shared Cloud Infrastructure Services, Application Infrastructure
Infrastructure & Onsite Services (IOS)
Infrastructure & Onsite Services is in charge of all Volvo Group IT infrastructure services. As the majority of these services are delivered by a partner, the mission is focused at governing and controlling this partner, as well as managing the remaining IT infrastructure delivery teams in Volvo.
The mission of Service Management is to Develop and Govern the Infrastructure Services while ensuring their delivery and usage. By that, Service Management contributes to Volvo Group competitiveness by delivering standardized and fit for purpose infrastructure services, maintaining a balance between time to market, cost and quality. One of the top strategic priorities for Volvo Group IT and Service Management is to support the Volvo Group business with cloud platforms and services enabling modern application hosting/development and creation of digital services.
We are now looking for one Lead Cloud Architect for Shared Cloud Infrastructure Services, Application Infrastructure
In this role, you will be reporting to the Director Application Infrastructure within Volvo Group IT/ Infrastructure & Onsite Services / Service Management. The Application Infrastructure Portfolio includes all infrastructure services enabling and supporting Volvo Group business applications.
The Application Infrastructure portfolio is divided into four sub-portfolios where the Shared Cloud Infrastructure sub-portfolio is to be established:
- Application Hosting sub-portfolio – application hosting platforms and services (Mainframe, IBMi, VMS, .NET, Java and cloud application hosting services)
- BI & Analytics sub-portfolio - platforms and infrastructure services for business intelligence, big data and analytics
- Integration, EDI & IoT sub-portfolio - platforms and infrastructure services for integration, EDI & IoT
- Shared Cloud Infrastructure sub-portfolio – the common cloud layer in order to be able to offer and expose services from Group IT appointed cloud providers
Role mission & context
In this role, you will have the overall and full responsibility for the architecture of the Shared Cloud Infrastructure Services. The Shared Cloud Infrastructure Services are the common cloud layer platform(s) that enables secured, managed and supported services consumption from Group IT appointed cloud providers.
In close relationship with the partner(s) and in alignment with the overall Volvo Group target architecture, you will identify, design and enforce architectural choices that can support Volvo Group long term strategy, while on the other hand preventing architectural choices that can be an obstacle to it.
You will be part of a team where you manage the Shared Cloud Infrastructure sub portfolio. You will work closely with other Service Management teams, our partner’s Cloud Architecture team as well as other Volvo Group IT units such as Solution Delivery units, CIO Office and Center Of Excellence.
- Owner and responsible for the Shared Cloud Infrastructure Services architecture
- Establish and maintain the long term architecture for the Shared Cloud Infrastructure sub portfolio, aligned with and based on Service Management target architecture and the sub portfolio roadmap
- Securing infrastructure architecture compliance with corporate standards and directives
- Contribute to service development or enhancement projects initiated by Service Management
- Ensure documentation of the architecture landscape for the sub portfolio
- Responsible for working closely with architects from other Service Management teams to make sure that the underlying architecture, infrastructure services and technical decisions support the Shared Cloud Infrastructure services needs and SLAs
- Collaborate with appointed external IT suppliers
- A strong personality and communicator
- Strong English written and oral communication skills, and the ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- Ability to meet the agreed targets, deadlines and goals without direct, day-to-day supervision
- Ability to work in an international team with colleagues that have diverse cultural backgrounds
- Strong competence in designing and managing enterprise-level infrastructure solutions
- Certified Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon AWS architect
- Strong competence and experience of modern application and cloud solutions architecture
- Competence and experience in security, network and IAM architecture
- Experience with enterprise automation and orchestration
- Experience from using frameworks like TOGAF, ITIL, ISF and modelling architecture using UML and ArchiMate standards
You get an opportunity to work together with highly skilled colleagues in an exciting, global environment which provides opportunities to develop both professionally and personally. You will be a key player in the Volvo Group IOS organization. You will work in close collaboration with various stakeholders inside as well as outside the Volvo Group.
At Volvo Group, we are actively working to establish teams that will take maximum advantage of the strengths inherent in differences in knowledge, experience, age, gender and nationality.
Travel required: Occasional
Application screening will start immediately, we look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible.
For further information please contact
David Zakai, Director Application Infrastructure, Service Management IOS, phone: +46 739029541
Sonia Ponsio, HR Business Partner for IOS Service Management, phone +33 665896107
Union representatives for Swedish applicants
Akademikerna, Therese Koggdal +46 31 3086932
Unionen, Jonas Ljungdahl, +46 31 3224982
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Chcemy Cię poznać
Po złożeniu podania otrzymasz wiadomość e-mail z potwierdzeniem. Później będziesz mieć możliwość zaktualizowania swojego profilu osobistego.
Jeśli zakwalifikujemy Cię do rozmowy, skontaktujemy się z Tobą, podając informacje na temat następujących etapów procesu: druga rozmowa, ocena i referencje.
Wszyscy kandydaci zostaną powiadomieni, gdy na stanowisko zostanie wybrany ostateczny kandydat. Możesz zaznaczyć, że Twoje dane mają pozostać w naszej bazie danych i uaktywnić wyszukiwanie innych stanowisk zgodnych z Twoim profilem.
Gdy rozpocznie się okres Twojego zatrudnienia, zostanie Ci zapewnione wprowadzenie, dzięki któremu szybko staniesz się członkiem zespołu i zaczniesz pracę w najlepszy możliwy sposób.