Senior Project Manager
- To manage the industrialization of product and industrial projects with responsibility of all functions in GTO at NRV in terms of objectives, cost and timing
- To manage and drive the completion of all deliverables and actions associated with a successful product project and/or industrial process project launch at our Dublin, Virginia facility
- To represent NRV in the project teams and actively cooperate with all others line organizations involved. Interpret and customize objectives and deliverables into usable and assignable action items for all NRV department personnel and contractors in order to secure a successful launch of new product or new processes. Assign and follow-up on assigned actions in such a way as to fully understand the project status at all times
Within GTO NRV, manage assigned project activities in order to secure the successful launch of product and industrial projects while respecting the Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Functions (QDCF) targets of the project(s).
High influence in all GTO functions within the Plant Operations involved in industrializing product and process-changing projects. Direct and indirect authorities bestowed upon the Plant Project manager from the governing bodies and project teams make this a highly influential position.
- Form and manage and lead the team(s) responsible for the complete and successful industrialization of assigned projects
- Utilize a high level of leadership skill to direct and lead personnel
- Utilize cross-functional team expertise to derive needed activities and actions
- Manage and Maintain all Project Status documentation and presentations
- Present Status Updates on a regular basis whether requested by managers, the process or by self-recognizing the need to do so
- Insure all needed activities/actions are understood and assigned to appropriate personnel
- Manage and Lead NRV Product and Industrial Project team(s)
- Work with appropriate personnel to provide project deliverable hour, material, capitol, and expense estimates and updates thereto
- Secure adequate internal and external resources to achieve project objectives
- Create and manage appropriate time plan(s) by defining tailored milestones and deliveries that complement and are in alignment with the project main time plan
- Secure Manufacturing capacity for SP-start (volumes and quality), including potential extra activities (e.g campaigns)
- Ensure all communication and direction of plant related activities is coordinated through your project team and network
- Interact on a daily base with other line organizations involved in the project
- Take active part of decision making in the GTO Project Management Team
- Secure information flow, team spirit and common understanding of strategies in the manufacturing teams involving up to hundreds of people
- Report project status, request for support and make recommendations to the members of GTO decision meetings
- University degree / BS in Engineering (10 years minimum experience with demonstrated progressive career in engineering without a degree)
- 5 - 7 years of project management experience leading projects with overall budgets of at least $2MUSD
- Strong Leadership experience
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage and coordinate cross functional teams
- Strong ability to successfully work with minimal direct instruction/supervision
- Project Management certification preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Talent for inspiring leadership
- Strong ability to prioritize
- High organizational ability and strong ability for negotiating
- Technical background both about the product and the manufacturing process
- Needs to have a good understanding of the Volvo Group Businesses and/or business drivers in general
- As all documentation is in English, high proficiency in the English language is required
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Chcemy Cię poznać
Po złożeniu podania otrzymasz wiadomość e-mail z potwierdzeniem. Później będziesz mieć możliwość zaktualizowania swojego profilu osobistego.
Jeśli zakwalifikujemy Cię do rozmowy, skontaktujemy się z Tobą, podając informacje na temat następujących etapów procesu: druga rozmowa, ocena i referencje.
Wszyscy kandydaci zostaną powiadomieni, gdy na stanowisko zostanie wybrany ostateczny kandydat. Możesz zaznaczyć, że Twoje dane mają pozostać w naszej bazie danych i uaktywnić wyszukiwanie innych stanowisk zgodnych z Twoim profilem.
Gdy rozpocznie się okres Twojego zatrudnienia, zostanie Ci zapewnione wprowadzenie, dzięki któremu szybko staniesz się członkiem zespołu i zaczniesz pracę w najlepszy możliwy sposób.