Purchasing Manager Vehicle Dynamics - Steering & Suspension
GTP is located in 52 sites around the world, has 1 300 employees and a yearly spend of 120 BSEK. We have 2,550 suppliers in serial production that delivers 1.9 billion parts to Group Truck plants annually. We are a global team working with pride, breaking new grounds and capturing the latest innovations as well as supporting the brands and safeguarding Volvo Group synergies. We work together with speed and agility, in close collaboration with, and a strong mandate towards our suppliers and internal stakeholders.
We like to work hard, have fun and we are committed to our customer and the Volvo Group success. You will work with a high performing team aiming at world-class Purchasing – do you have what it takes?
Vehicle Purchasing is a global organization within GTP representing a yearly purchased spend of 51 BSEK. The team is responsible for Cab, Electrical & Electronics, Chassis & Vehicle Dynamics and Metal areas.
Vehicle Europe being the Strategic steering line for Vehicle purchasing activities within GTP, we organize a strong collaboration within Vehicle teams spread across different sites/regions, and we are the operational line responsible for Vehicle Europe business all along the Purchasing process (sourcing/projects/operations/revenue service parts). GTP Vehicle Europe team is responsible to drive end-to-end Purchasing activities whilst securing QDCF-TSR (Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management) targets.
As Purchasing Manager for Steering & Suspension, you drive and manage performance of your team from QDCF-TSR standpoint. You will lead and manage project & commodity buyers in a challenging environment, manage supplier relationship, contribute to supplier negotiation & global segment strategies. You also promote a strong collaboration between buyers within the team globally and thereby capitalizing on regional inputs towards segment strategies, negotiation tactics and leveraging other possible opportunities.
Reporting to Vice President Chassis & Vehicle Dynamics
- Be a member of the Chassis & Vehicle Dynamics Purchasing Leadership team and in an active way contribute to the development of the department
- Manage the overall supplier relationship for Steering & Suspension scope
- Consolidate the segment strategies and manage supplier selection/relationship/ partnership and negotiation
- Secure cost targets and KPI fulfillment
- Drive department activities towards wanted position
- Give input to department purchasing business plan
- Secure needed communication with cross-functional teams
- Secure supplier involvement in project activities
- Manage purchasing QDCF-TSR deliverables according to the contract
- Manage the development of his/her team
- Secure and manage resources within his/her area
- Responsible for budget & operating expenses
- Ensure collaboration with the other managers within the respective segment(s)
- Work in accordance with Volvo processes, Code of Conduct and Values
- Manage interactions with Engineering and Operations to deliver the QDCF-TSR
- Appoint supplier hosts within his/her area
- University degree in Engineering/technology and/or Business Administration
- Knowledgeable in current and future business trends, technology and markets
- Able to execute in a global matrix organization
- Able to think out of the box to develop further her/his commodity
- Face problems and act quickly and directly.
- Provide direct & actionable feedback
- Able to handle uncertainty and the unexpected
- Hold things together during tough times
- Take good decisions in line with internal stakeholders, with risks and opportunities and alternative solutions in mind
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Able to manage diversity and offer opportunities for personal/professional development
- Able to build an effective team with a common objective and strong morale and spirit
- Represent his/her Purchasing area in cross-functional decision bodies
- Validate sourcing cases to be presented to the sourcing decision body
Did you know? For many years, as a “disability friendly” company, Renault Trucks SAS has been committed to including people with disabilities in our professional environment.
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
Chcemy Cię poznać
Po złożeniu podania otrzymasz wiadomość e-mail z potwierdzeniem. Później będziesz mieć możliwość zaktualizowania swojego profilu osobistego.
Jeśli zakwalifikujemy Cię do rozmowy, skontaktujemy się z Tobą, podając informacje na temat następujących etapów procesu: druga rozmowa, ocena i referencje.
Wszyscy kandydaci zostaną powiadomieni, gdy na stanowisko zostanie wybrany ostateczny kandydat. Możesz zaznaczyć, że Twoje dane mają pozostać w naszej bazie danych i uaktywnić wyszukiwanie innych stanowisk zgodnych z Twoim profilem.
Gdy rozpocznie się okres Twojego zatrudnienia, zostanie Ci zapewnione wprowadzenie, dzięki któremu szybko staniesz się członkiem zespołu i zaczniesz pracę w najlepszy możliwy sposób.