Industrial Project Manager - Assembly
Volvo Trucks New River Valley Operation is undergoing a significant industrial transformation to prepare for the future of truck manufacturing. This is a key leadership opportunity to be part of the Assembly plant journey. The role will include leading and developing a technically strong team for Assembly solutions in the main cab trim and chassis assembly operation focused on safety, quality and lean manufacturing.
- Effective leader of people, with a track record of team development, empowerment and communication within a highly technical environment
- Successful project management experience with large industrial projects exceeding project deliverables, timing and cost. Preference will be to have experience in assembly industrial systems within truck manufacturing operations
- Lead the plan project team activities and communication with all affected departments (including other Volvo Group Trucks stakeholders) and assembly facility personnel to assure timely and successful industrialization
- Follow a way of working that is in accordance with the Volvo Production System (VPS); Embrace, promote and secure common industrial process solutions aligned with the pillars of VPS and common global standards
- Work with the industrial purchasing team to manage the procurement process of new equipment
- Secure project timing, funding and resource requirements at all phases of the project. Excellent communication skills with team, peers and executive management
- Secure timely implementation of plant modifications and installation of the new Assembly equipment
- Ability to assess risk to project deliverables and create timely mitigation plans
- Be responsible for the ramp-up of industrial solutions with the plant Operations team
- Secure timely communication of changes to relevant stakeholders including local and global stakeholders
- Secure creation of maintenance plans, instructions and selection of spare parts
- Secure training for new work environment and manage ramp-up
- Use Project Steering Model (PSM) as the Industrial project development process and the preparation of material for the executive project steering group
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Delegation: Clearly and comfortably delegates both routine and important tasks and decisions; broadly shares both responsibility and accountability; tends to trust people to perform; lets direct reports and others finish their own work
- Drive For Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results
- Integrity and Trust: Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished trust in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn't misrepresent him/herself for personal gain
- Managing Diversity: Manages all kinds and classes of people equitably; deals effectively with all races, nationalities, cultures, disabilities, ages and both sexes; hires variety and diversity without regard to class; supports equal and fair treatment and opportunity for all
- Priority Setting: Spends his/her time and the time of others on what's important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus
- Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others
- Conflict Management: Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; reads situations quickly; good at focused listening; can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise
- Decision Quality: Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions
- Managing and Measuring Work: Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets clear objectives and measures; monitors process, progress, and results; designs feedback loops into work
- Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans
- Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or similar
- OR equivalent experience directly associated with large industrial projects
Five (5) years of related experience with educational requirements
Eight (8) years of related experience without educational requirements
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Chcemy Cię poznać
Po złożeniu podania otrzymasz wiadomość e-mail z potwierdzeniem. Później będziesz mieć możliwość zaktualizowania swojego profilu osobistego.
Jeśli zakwalifikujemy Cię do rozmowy, skontaktujemy się z Tobą, podając informacje na temat następujących etapów procesu: druga rozmowa, ocena i referencje.
Wszyscy kandydaci zostaną powiadomieni, gdy na stanowisko zostanie wybrany ostateczny kandydat. Możesz zaznaczyć, że Twoje dane mają pozostać w naszej bazie danych i uaktywnić wyszukiwanie innych stanowisk zgodnych z Twoim profilem.
Gdy rozpocznie się okres Twojego zatrudnienia, zostanie Ci zapewnione wprowadzenie, dzięki któremu szybko staniesz się członkiem zespołu i zaczniesz pracę w najlepszy możliwy sposób.