Engineer - Junior Quality
Department, Division or Global Function: GTO – Hagerstown, MD - US
Reports to:Manager – Quality
Direct reports – N/A
Mission/purpose of the Job
Individual contributor: To drive the lean methodology using technical expertise and data analysis in order to deliver quality products, as our customer expect.
This person provides expertise in problem solving, using data analysis and technical expertise to support and lead the GO Teams in improving their quality results.
Scope and influence
Individual contributor: Engineer – Junior Quality: Support and drive a continuous improvement philosophy, utilizing the tools of the Volvo Production System and other lean initiatives to meet our quality demands. Provide leadership and guidance as the quality function by dealing directly and forthrightly with quality technicians, production, manufacturing engineering, material control, industrial development, logistics, human resources, finance, and maintenance on a daily basis.
Individual contributor: Authority to take decisions in accordance with AB Volvo’s Authorization rules for the respective role.
- Follow the direction and requirements of the Quality Manager-Engine Assembly, and develop actions to meet Quality key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Lead special investigations to find root cause for customer complaints, non-direct runners, product audit findings and support the implementation of long term actions to eradicate all systematic defects
- Drive continuous improvement in quality methods and processes to ensure World Class ways of working
- Set priorities with the quality technicians and GO Team Leaders
- Evaluate and recommend manufacturing processes, equipment, gauging, and tooling towards zero defects
- Analyze defect data and launch projects based off of our highest losses using the VPS methodology
- Provide documentation and data to support all analysis, investigation and resolution
- Define and maintain a quality control plan for engine assembly
- Poke yoke management to prevent quality defects, visualization
- Prioritize work load based on safety, severity, cost, and management direction
- Coach/Train on Quality VPS tools
Fulfilment of financial and operational KPI’s for Quality such as:
- Customer Claim: PPM Reduction (Parts per Million)
- Internal Quality: FTT Improvement (First time through)
- External Quality: FF1 Improvement (Fault Frequency 1 month)
- Scrap Cost Reductions
- ISO Audits: Zero CAR
Essential educational and/or training qualifications and certificates
- BS Degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering and 1-3 relevant experience
- Competencies required, taken from the Volvo Leadership competencies (see competencies below)
- Experience in Quality
- Experience in a Manufacturing Environment
- Statistical analysis
- Strong knowledge of problem solving, root cause analysis and kaizen process
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Volvo Group Systems Knowledge (PROTUS, KOLA, Rapid, Business Objects, MONT, BEMS, etc)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
- Analytical Skills: Recognizing patterns in data, information, or events, drawing logical conclusions, and making recommendations for action
- Customer Focus: Understanding and meeting the needs of internal and external customers
- Quality Advocate: Championing the quality process by reinforcing the organizations vision, quality values, and quality processes and by fostering the continuous improvement of all operational and business practices
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required or higher standards, and pitching it get the job done
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes
- Managing Diversity: Valuing the ideas and perspectives contributed by a diverse workforce, adapting individual style to tap the motivations of diverse individuals, and taking action to capitalize on workforce diversity
- Professionalism: Dealing directly and forthrightly with people and problems, persisting to get the job done, and managing personal responses and stress
- Interpersonal Influence: Building strong work relationships and adjusting to how individuals, organizational units and cultures function and react
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback non-defensively
- Facilitation Skills: Designing and directing group processes that enable group members to deal openly with each other, helping to remove obstacles to resolving conflicts and influencing groups to accomplish assigned task and meet members’ needs
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of task, responding to changes in direction
- Cross-Functional background within quality
- Good understanding of the commercial vehicle industry and business analyses
- Working experience in a Union (UAW) production factory.
- As all documentation is in English, proficiency in the English language is required
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Chcemy Cię poznać
Po złożeniu podania otrzymasz wiadomość e-mail z potwierdzeniem. Później będziesz mieć możliwość zaktualizowania swojego profilu osobistego.
Jeśli zakwalifikujemy Cię do rozmowy, skontaktujemy się z Tobą, podając informacje na temat następujących etapów procesu: druga rozmowa, ocena i referencje.
Wszyscy kandydaci zostaną powiadomieni, gdy na stanowisko zostanie wybrany ostateczny kandydat. Możesz zaznaczyć, że Twoje dane mają pozostać w naszej bazie danych i uaktywnić wyszukiwanie innych stanowisk zgodnych z Twoim profilem.
Gdy rozpocznie się okres Twojego zatrudnienia, zostanie Ci zapewnione wprowadzenie, dzięki któremu szybko staniesz się członkiem zespołu i zaczniesz pracę w najlepszy możliwy sposób.