Lead Engineer - Software Leader
Lead Engineer – Software Leader
Would you like to help Volvo group achieve important strategic objectives? Would you like to work in an enthusiastic and challenging atmosphere surrounded by skilled co-workers? Does the chance to lead stakeholders to execute projects excite you?
Then this position is the right one for you!
The Volvo Group Trucks Technology Complete Powertrain Engineering 11L & Driveline Product Team is looking for a self-driven individual with high work ethic and integrity to join their team as an Lead Engineer– Software Leader.
In this role you will create an efficient and trustful day-to-day operation. You have proven experience as a technical leader. It is important that you have an innovative and creative mind-set in order to inspire and challenge your organization. You also have a true can do attitude, a strong quality focus and a personal drive to reach the objectives and targets set for your team and products, understanding how these contribute to the our vision, strategy and roadmap.
The team consists of product leaders, project leaders, and project managers who support the 11L products and driveline within North America. The team mission and vision is:
- To develop long term strategic roadmaps for the products we own in collaboration with the Chief Engineer and with the Technology teams
- To collaborate with Range and Product Planning to define projects to meet our technology roadmaps
- To collaborate with and support Project Managers to execute and deliver projects for the evolution of our products
- To interface with the brand organizations and end customers to bring knowledge and feedback of our products to our organization
The Lead Engineer – Software Leader engineering position will include the following responsibilities:
- Coordinate new, current, and legacy product software updates for North American powertrain products.
- Create and manage software roadmaps in conjunction with leaders from software team within technology department
- Maintain Product Focus (e.g. 11VGT, 13VGT, 13TC)
- Manage and balance SW deliverables between projects and products for Hagerstown site and North American products.
- Including resource balancing with development and verification teams to ensure deliverables are met.
- Manage content within software releases for current and legacy product.
- Lead maintenance team responsible for software product updates
- Use systems engineering approach to develop and execute software releases
- Ensure new software in project scope meets prerequisites while maintaining, verifying, and evolving existing system level requirements in coordination with technology teams
- Improvement of all operational and business practices
- Ability to think and plan strategically
- Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness
- Action Oriented
Required and Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering, or related field, is required
- Master of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering, or related field, is preferred
- Minimum 4 years of related experience
- Experience using systems engineering in a software development process environment a plus
- Familiarity with HDEP Engines a plus
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Chcemy Cię poznać
Po złożeniu podania otrzymasz wiadomość e-mail z potwierdzeniem. Później będziesz mieć możliwość zaktualizowania swojego profilu osobistego.
Jeśli zakwalifikujemy Cię do rozmowy, skontaktujemy się z Tobą, podając informacje na temat następujących etapów procesu: druga rozmowa, ocena i referencje.
Wszyscy kandydaci zostaną powiadomieni, gdy na stanowisko zostanie wybrany ostateczny kandydat. Możesz zaznaczyć, że Twoje dane mają pozostać w naszej bazie danych i uaktywnić wyszukiwanie innych stanowisk zgodnych z Twoim profilem.
Gdy rozpocznie się okres Twojego zatrudnienia, zostanie Ci zapewnione wprowadzenie, dzięki któremu szybko staniesz się członkiem zespołu i zaczniesz pracę w najlepszy możliwy sposób.